ISZ and Playstation CD Emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISZ and Playstation CD Emulation

I started to compress my playstation cds to isz format, as daemons tool supported the emulation of the format, so it will be easier to store in my hard drive. And then I fired up epsxe with the peops cdr plugin, and im also using windows xp home.

however, the images no longer ran when compressed to the isz format.

I used a trial copy of ultraiso to compress the original alcohol 120% images to the isz format.

I checked the original iso and it worked.
    I also checked the decompressed iso from the isz and that also worked.
    however, when i mounted the isz, it was a no go.
    I also tried this with my other computers with xp pro and it also does not work, but I haven't tried it on my vista partition since espxe isn't installed on it.

does anyone else have the same problem or a fix?

The problem is that latest ISZ plugin (as proposed here in forum) checks for ISO-9660 or UDF file system only to verify decryption is ok ot not. Do you use password protection on your images?
    Maybe you can post contents of sector 16 from your image or send say first 100k of your uncompressed and compressed image to our support so we check it.

I also think that maybe playstation images are protected and need full subchannel information.
    ISZ cannot store such information and is not suited for protection at all.
    You should try to convert your image to compressed MDS format then.

Comment

No, I did not use any passwords on the images, i just simply used the convert option in ultraiso.

Also this is the first time i have heard of compressed mds. how do i go about getting the tool to convert my isos to that format instead?

I might also need help in sending the first 100k of both files. the only program that i could think of is master splitter. do you have a better method of extraction?

Comment

Originally Posted by gamer82987 View Post
        Also this is the first time i have heard of compressed mds. how do i go about getting the tool to convert my isos to that format instead?
        Daemon Tools Pro Advanced

Comment

Working...
        X