PDA

View Full Version : Notifications to the developpers!

bismax
20.09.2007, 21:06
Hello translators and the guys who wants to be that ;)

I started this thread to add the possibility to make a central places for any suggestions, notifications, pleases and so on that YOU want the developpers to know.

To all that did not understand this (well, I'm outta school, u know.), I repeat it shortened.

You want an explanation of something you didn't understand in the language file or you have a little bug and so on. Just write in this thread. I think a centralizing thread could help the devs.

I start with some suggestions.

The menu "Add and Remove Buttons" which is right of the basic toolbar can't be translated because there are no strings in the dll for it. Please fix that.

Are we allowed to translate the lawthing at "Help"-->"About"?
I mean it would be a high risk to add it to the strings but we could translate it, so the devs could change it in the language files.

And the third and last suggestion:
please allow us to change the name of the hotkeys. Well, there is NO "Ctrl" at the german keybord, u know ;)

Just write your suggestions down here!

bismax
20.09.2007, 21:13
I just noticed something now:

If there are no images or discs in the drives, you'll see that there is an "Empty" behind the drive letter (I mean that region under the image catalog). It would be nice to translate it.

Timmnuv
20.09.2007, 22:04
Some strings that I remember having translated, e.g. 'Device problem %s', always appear in English, not translated. Also, tooltips on the sound choosing screen appear translated only after closing the Settings menu. All of the above applies to DTPro Basic 10-day trial.
Also, the Translator Tool 1.1 seems to have problems with memorizing newlines - you need to manually add \r\n whenever saving a string because it 'forgets' them when editing.

chrashoverraid
20.09.2007, 22:21
5260 of the ENU file says: Result Faild
shouldn't that be Result Failed?? small typo ;)

bismax
20.09.2007, 22:33
Well

Result failed or result failure

SUPPORT4
21.09.2007, 10:04
Thank you for your help.
Bismax, your offers added to the TODO list (about hotkeys and "Add and Remove Buttons")
"About" means "information about this program", so it looks like translatable text.
"Empty" is translated. Try to change language in DTPro and press F5.
chrashoverraid, yes, this is a bug :) It is corrected.
Timmnuv, we'll check the problems you have described.

bismax
21.09.2007, 14:24
I meant that text when you hit "about"

This software is only for the purpose of...

I want you to allow us to translate that notification. After that you could be able to add the translations to DTPro, not in the language files.

SUPPORT4
21.09.2007, 15:28
OK, I see now. Hmm... I can not promise you it will be done tomorrow, but it will be surely discussed.

bismax
21.09.2007, 16:28
Take as much time as you need.

There's no sense in hurrying.

Blazkowicz
23.09.2007, 19:57
Program doesnt recognize translation of "No update available".
Also some open dialogs are still in English and not in translated language, dont know if these strings are missing in language file or they are wrong linked.

314, "Set Device Parameters..." - shouldn't it be: 314, "Set device parameters..."

Blazkowicz
23.09.2007, 20:28
4126, "Cannot delete image. It may be mounted or used by another application." - one space too much between used and by.

4146, "Phisical Device" - Physical

Sometimes it is "sub-channel", sometimes "subchannel". I think this should be equal.

4023, "Stop virtual SCSI adapter"
4043, "SCSI Adapter"
4045, "Start SCSI Adapter"
4046, "Stop SCSI Adapter"
4051, "Start IDE Adapter"
4052, "Stop IDE Adapter"
4306, "Starting IDE adapter"
4307, "Stopping IDE adapter"
Same here with adapter.

5253, "Add SCSI Virtual Drive"
5254, "Add IDE Virtual Drive"

Shouldn't it be "Add SCSI virtual drive"?

Hanschke
23.09.2007, 22:34
we cannot translate the customize toolbar too ;)

ManiusNG
24.09.2007, 08:59
And all filerequesters too :)

mastermind
24.09.2007, 22:25
There is a string that I find a little peculiar:

5236: "Notify user the image is going to be unmounted or deleted but at the same time it is in use"

I guess this string is an explanation/tooltip text for the good old "InUse Check". I do however suggest a rephrasing of this string.

For example:
"Show a notification when unmounting or removing an image file that is currently in use"

When I first encountered this string (in DTPro Translator), I had to scratch my head a few times before "getting" what it was all about.

No insult intended towards the DT Team - this is merely a well-meant suggestion.

EMB_Blaster
26.09.2007, 20:16
may be explanation about IDs of strings:
example: (itґs only a example ok?)
4000-4200 -> Menuґs strings
4060 - 4070 -> itens for "View" menu
6400-6599 ->errors strings
6400 - 6499 -> DAEMON Tools Pro driver error
6500 - 6599 -> runtime Errors
etc...
etc...
well i think it could help the translation.

oder2
27.09.2007, 10:09
Hello

1) In Daemon Tools 4.10 (free version) ENU.dll contains invalid strings for IDs 64001 and 64002. DLL of Daemon Tools Pro provided for translators has these strings corrected. So, I just give a notice for the DT developers to make sure this was indeed a fix made between releases rather than these strings being invalid in DT 4.10 due to mistakes during filtering larger DT Pro message table to obtain smaller limited message table for DT 4.10 build.

2) ENU.dll of DT Pro Advanced provided for tanslators has got ".reloc" section in binary image which adds extra 4 kb of wasted space at the end of DLL. TranslatorTool produces libraries with this section too. If you set "No Enrty Point" in "Linker->Advanced" of project properties in Visual Studio, the linker will not emit ".reloc" section.

oder2
27.09.2007, 12:27
2) ENU.dll of DT Pro Advanced provided for tanslators has got ".reloc" section in binary image which adds extra 4 kb of wasted space at the end of DLL.
Well, not 4 kb, of course. :) There is only 512 bytes. However that is still a wasted space and unnecessary section.

oder2
28.09.2007, 10:49
4253, LaserLok
should be "LaserLock"

mastermind
28.09.2007, 16:15
4253, LaserLok
should be "LaserLock"
I too believe that "LaserLock" is the most correct name (for example, their web domain is called laserlock.com), but "LaserLok" is also a commonly used name for it. Usually a LaserLock protected disc has a hidden folder called "LaserLok", this may be one of the reasons why that alternate spelling has catched on.

So, I'm not certain that this is an accidental misspelling from the DT team.

oder2
28.09.2007, 23:46
I too believe that "LaserLock" is the most correct name (for example, their web domain is called laserlock.com), but "LaserLok" is also a commonly used name for it.
Even though DT Lite does not have such string in message table but it displays it spelled as "Laserlock" in Emulation menu.

bismax
01.10.2007, 14:54
Next notification:

can you add the translation language behind the nickname in the usergroups?

Link

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showgroups.php

Blazkowicz
04.10.2007, 17:32
On image creation there is still 'Time', 'Event', 'Cancel' and after precision 'high' which we dont have strings to translate for.

chrashoverraid
07.10.2007, 17:04
i got a question.. i need to translate a few strings but i dont know what vetoed means (string 1510 and 1511) i thought it meant something like forbidden but i dont know it for sure. Can somebody explain it?
thank you :)

bismax
07.10.2007, 17:11
We translated is as not allow.
Example:
The application %s doesn't allow the specified operation

ManiusNG
07.10.2007, 20:25
Next one:

No 4196 Blindread Image (*.bwt)

Shouldn't be BlindWrite Image (*.bwt)?

evlncrn8
08.10.2007, 06:26
veto -> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/veto

better description, 'not allow' isn't too accurate

chrashoverraid
08.10.2007, 08:34
thank you.. now i know my translation for that word was not very good... but not to bad either :)
thank you guys :)

dgawlow
10.10.2007, 21:37
Hi Guys, I just started to translate to polish. I have few questions:
1. Is it allowed to deliver the translation which is not 100% finished, or rather finish it and deliver?
2. How to recognized when the particular version was released? I am busy from today, but i do not know when is the deadline.

regards

Dominik

Blazkowicz
27.10.2007, 02:21
A little text error in tools/preferences/confirmations

Stop virtual SCSI adapter - we should drop the SCSI here as the confirmation also shows up when you stop the virtual IDE adapter.

And a little bug in Virtual Device Manager. Language was English when you have started DT Pro, now you change the language and in virtual device manager the entries are still from the previous language until you click "start scsi adapter".

bismax
28.10.2007, 14:07
Hi Guys, I just started to translate to polish. I have few questions:
1. Is it allowed to deliver the translation which is not 100% finished, or rather finish it and deliver?
2. How to recognized when the particular version was released? I am busy from today, but i do not know when is the deadline.
regards
Dominik

Deliver your language file when it's done. But don't forget to send it to the devs within one month.

oder2
29.10.2007, 03:28
314, "Set Device Parameters..." - shouldn't it be: 314, "Set device parameters..."

In English if some word combination is a title, each word in it is written with first letter capiatlised.