Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista + 4.10 = Very very slow.

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to install Dtools 4.10 and it required that i reboot for the sptd install so while rebooting, after POST, it took around 5 mins to get to login screen and another 3 mins after logging in before I could use anything. All my programs take a very long time to startup and Ive tried system restore and stuff but its still very very slow.

And also it corrupted a partition of one of my hard drives where all my music existed. Im tried and pissed off and I need some help please.

Does it get fixed when you manually remove SPTD and Daemon Tools (search for SPTD remove)?
    Also Vista X86 or X64?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I've got the same problem using Windows XP 64 SP2.

After installation of SPTD 1.56, and prior to installation of DTPro 4.30.0302, the process of logging in slows down noticeably.

From nearly instant to about a minute until the login screen disappears, then another minute or two where I can see the desktop wallpaper, but the rest of the GUI doesn't load.

I've been experiencing this problem for quite a long time, but I blamed some bad interaction between DTPro and other software, perhaps Nero, perhaps ESET Smart Security...

But this time I installed it on a "virgin" OS, only drivers and MS patches, no additional software, and the result is the same...

This is by no means a showstopper, more like a nuisance.

Sorry from bringing a thread back from the grave, but I haven't been successful in finding any additional info about this problem in the forum...

Comment

Working...
      X