No announcement yet.

Tried installing on vista, computer crashed (blue screen) and keeps rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried installing on vista, computer crashed (blue screen) and keeps rebooting

So apparently there is something wrong with the driver compatibility with vista and the version of daemon tools I installed. As the title says I tried to install v. 3.4(6?) I believe.

Before installation even completed my computer crashed and said something about dumping information and a driver. So it kept restarting and doing the same thing like three seconds after the login screen came on.

I tried booting in safe mode as well as the various other choices upon pressing F8 but the computer would jsut turn off or repeat the blue screen. I also tried putting in my utilities and windows cd's to start up from there but that didn't work. So basically I just want to get rid of daemon tools because all my room mates want to kill me

I am sorry if this question has been asked but every thread I looked at was a single crash as opposed to a recurring one.

Read this thread about how to remove old DT drivers.

If you cannot boot at all then boot in safe mode and try hitting ESC to prevent old DT driver loading.
    Then delete its services and files as mentioned.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
      Read this thread about how to remove old DT drivers.

If you cannot boot at all then boot in safe mode and try hitting ESC to prevent old DT driver loading.
      Then delete its services and files as mentioned.
      Yeah I tried booting in safemode and pressing escape but it seems to have no effect. The link would be usefull to remove but I can't even get into the interface to do so. Anyway to bypass loading the driver at all?

Comment

Originally Posted by quick_draw21 View Post
        Yeah I tried booting in safemode and pressing escape but it seems to have no effect. The link would be usefull to remove but I can't even get into the interface to do so. Anyway to bypass loading the driver at all?

Anyone????

Comment

I had the same problem, fixed it by booting with the Vista CD, selecting repair installation, pressing next (don't fill in anything when it asks you for a setup file or something, just hit next), it'll give you a number of options, choose command prompt (at the bottom I think), then type "rstrui.exe /offline:c:\windows" it'll then give you the option of choosing your restore point, select one before you started installing daemon tools.

Comment

Working...
          X