Mounting IMG files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting IMG files

Just bought DT Pro and I'm wondering if IMG files can be added to the right-click list? Not a big thing, but just wondered!

i second that

Comment

I may be wrong, but aren't .img images usually basically the same as standard .iso images? Most of the images that I've downloaded from Microsoft Licensing are .img images, and I've just renamed them to .iso.

Try it on one of your images - I believe it should work just fine. There's no harm in trying, anyway
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah they seem to be like iso images. you've got 2 choices, rename them to iso or select files of type to all. but it would be better if dt directly recognizes that file type

Comment

Direct mount of IMG images by extension will NEVER be implemented - because it will cause confusion with well-known CCD format. Either use "All files" or rename it to ISO.
          In our opinion there is no such image format like IMG - the guy who invented such extension for normal ISO obviously had own reasons, but we do not care: next time maybe someone will rename ISO to BAT and will ask us to mount it automatically. Sorry, no.

Comment

I made a VBscript that will change the extention of an img to iso. If you have all of your img files in one folder it will change all of the files in the containing folder that has the extention img. All you need to do is edit the script and where Win32_Directory.Name='YOUR_FOLDER' is change YOUR_FOLDER to match your location but make sure you leave the single quotes around it. For example replace " 'YOUR_FOLDER' " with " 'D:\Extracted' " if your img files are located on your d drive in the folder extracted. Hope this helps someone.

strComputer = "."
            Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
            & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
            Set FileList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
            ("ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_Directory.Name='YOUR_FOLDER'} Where " _
            & "ResultClass = CIM_DataFile")

For Each objFile In FileList
            If objFile.Extension = "img" Then
            strNewName = objFile.Drive & objFile.Path & _
            objFile.FileName & "." & "iso"

errResult = objFile.Rename(strNewName)
            Wscript.Echo errResult
            End If
            Next

Comment

@Undertow68: You can do this in 2 lines. On a command line type

Code:
              cd "YOUR_FOLDER"
              ren *.img *.iso
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

This was the most idiotic thing I've ever heard... You'll never implement it!!?

This effin been bothering the hell out of me.
                In Vista I managed, with some effort to make a reg-patch, but in 7 it's a bit more tricky (That's why I'm here right now!), but I've done it before.

If you knew, which you probably do, how often ppl. are whining & bitching about "unsupported" file formats, not to mention "the scene", if you catch my drift, are rigorously using that standard.

You should add this support, but perhaps with a warning about that confusion you mentioned!

Comment

As already mentioned you can simply rename the file extension. This .img "format" and .iso are 1:1 the same.
                  If you don't like to rename (for whatever reason) you can also use 'Open with' in Explorer rightclick menu.
                  Once opened with DAEMON Tools Lite you can from then on choose to 'Open with' DT lite - or if you associate .img to be always opened with DT lite you can simply doubleclick to mount.

...and please choose your words more carefully.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                  X