Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in Image list!

Hello Dev-Team,
    I have my images stored on the server in a network. When DT Pro is started during the server is down, all the images in the image list are marked as "not available", also after the server is up again!
    It does not help to hit "F5" or to restart DT Pro. I have to manually add all images again!! Since I have quite a lot of images, this sucks!
    Hope this bug will be fixed soon!
    Tschens

Did you uncheck the option about warning when removing orphaned images? If it's checked, it should prompt you before removing them.

Comment

Thats not the problem.
      The images are marked as "not available" (orphaned), although they definitely exist!
      Obviously, this problem only is reproduceable when the whole drive with the images disappears and re-appears.
      It is NOT reproduceable by changing the filename (so that DT pro cant find it any more) and then rename it.

The problem should be reproduceable as follows:
      Put your images on an extra harddrive, create an image list in DT pro for these images, then close DT pro and remove the drive. Start DT Pro, so that the images are not found and they will be marked as orphaned. After you reconnect your extra drive, the images will never appear in the list again, they stay marked as orphaned.
      Hope I could express this issue clearly now.
      Tschens

Comment

maybe code a program to check if the server is up, and then (if it is) launch daemon tools?
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
          maybe code a program to check if the server is up, and then (if it is) launch daemon tools?
          If I already were to code a program for this, I would rather make an app that "corrected" the Properties.dat files

edit: If of course, that's were the error lies - I don't know. Could be interesting to monitor the .dat files and dtpro.ini file and see what actually changed.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X