Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another SPTD problem

Hello there,

I have been reading much of the older treads about SPTD problems, and I still am, but no use for now...

I have been using DT v 4.03HE for a long time now, with no problems at all. A few days ago though, I tried creating a third virtual drive (usually I have 2), and then the system hanged. It didn't hang literally, I could move my mouse and try clicking on things, but it was incredibly, impossibly slow. CPU usage was 100% and it was consumed by services.exe. First thing I did was try to restart it, but the conventional ways didn't work - so I had to do a f13 reset. Windows loaded as normal, all the startup progs also did - and then this massive slowdown happened again. I tried using the Safe Mode - only to find out that if I load SPTD.sys it happens there too, if not - Safe Mode runs normally. The way I fixed it - i managed to set number of devices to 2 again before the slowdown in normal mode.
    Yesterday I decided to update to the latest version of DT, which included installation of SPTD 1.5. They did very well when they added an automatic system restore point when installing it, because this time that was the only way to get rid of the same problem described above. After the restart, required by the installation of DT, actually when you hear the same sound as when you plug a USB Storage Device, and afterwards DT says "Initializing drivers", it occured again - and DT just stays in that same "Initializing drivers" position forever. I tried much of the suggested here solutions, but they led to no avail.
    Funny thing is that I can't use DT 4.03HE anymore - same thing happens when I try to install it as with DT 4.10.

I am using WindowsXP SP2 with the latest updates, my system config is Epox 9NDA3+ Mobo with NForce 3 Ultra chipset, A64 @ 2400MHz, 2x512MB Corsair RAM, x1950GT AGP, 1xPata Seagate and 1xSata Seagate HDDs. If any other info is required, please just say what it is.

I really hope that a solution will come out, and I will be able to use Daemon Tools again...

Soon after i wrote this thread I purchased a X2 processor. The second core, which does not get 100% loaded allowed me to do some investigation into the problem. It still persists, after SPTD installation one of the cores gets that 100% usage, the other one is OK. After DT installation the dtscsi.sys doesn't get installed. There isn't one in the Win/system32/drivers folder, and if I check the SCSI driver properties in device manager, although it says it is working properly, there isn't any driver loaded. I could update the driver and install the windows driver with the same name (SCSI raid host controller or something like that), but that wouldn't allow me to use DT to create virtual devices and mount images on them. Using DT 3.47 now.

Can anyone help?

Comment

Sorry for the 3rd post in a row, but I have some BREAKING NEWS. As I said previously, I was using DT 3.47. OK, but when I checked the Task Manager - once again there was 100% CPU Usage on one of the CPU Cores. DT 3.47 doesn't use SPTD, so maybe the problem isn't it? Could it be some kind of software, malware, i don't know exactly what - some soft against programs like DT for emulating virtual CD/DVDs?

Comment

Hm...

Well,I've got quite a different problem ( c here.Thing is,in my opinion, this is possibly General Hardware Conflict or IRQ ( Interrupt Request ) conflict with two or more Hardware devices.So this means u have to a lot of searching.

P.S.:I ain't think of spyware.It would be crazy!However,be sure to have a good AV and be sure that AV is not very hungry for system resources ( I use NOD32 ).

P.S.2o u have a firewall installed pal???
        It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity

Comment

Working...
        X