• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random freeze & BSOD Vista 64

OS Vista x64 home premium
    HW MSI Platinum K9a (MB) AM2 5200 Proc
    Daemon Tools Version -Daemon Tools Pro (Adv ed) 4.10.0218
    SPTD Version 1.50

Hello I have been using Daemon Tools for many years..
    I have not had any of the upgrade/crash on install issues that many other user complain of..

My computer randomly BSOD's with Daemon tools installed (Even with no image mounted) ie the last bsod occured a few moments ago whilt I was having a mammoth session in HalfLife 2(Steam version) No image mounted at all. All of a sudden after 3/4 hours up pops a crash dump with spdt.sys identified as the culprit..

The computer also freezes on occasion where the only solution is a reset...I also believe this is due to the spdt.sys driver...If I remove spdt the system becomes stable, But then I obviously cant use daemon tools ;-(

Is there a possible way of dynamicaly loading / unloading spdt.sys so that it is resident when needed and removed when not?

I have emailed a copy of the minidump to support@daemon-tools.cc :-)

BTW Thanks for a great utility.....Any pointers or workrounds would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks for the prompt reply by email....

I have now removed Blindwrite (Incl pcouffin drivers) I had forgotten I had installed it....

The machine has now been stable for 2 days....I believe that Blindwrite was the cause of the instability for me.

Thanks again for a really useful utility

Comment

Working...
    X