DT Pro Adv / DT Lite both cause freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro Adv / DT Lite both cause freezing

I have a DT Pro Adv 5 year license, though I'm not sure how to tie it to my forum account...

Anyway, computer specs:

Core 2 Quad Q6600
    6GB Ram
    Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
    GF 8800GTX
    Intel Matrix RAID, 5*750GB WD Caviars, 400GB RAID 0, 2.41TB RAID 5.
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Using a pretty clean windows install, its about 4 hours old right now. Everything previously worked fine under Vista x86, changed to x64 because of my amount of RAM.

All drivers are fully up to date, BIOS is the latest F4 revision.

Whenever I mount an image in either DT Pro Adv or DT Lite 4.10, my computer locks up. Even Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing.

Have tried this with a few previously working (under Vista x86) images, even with an image of my X-Fi driver CD which is completely free of any copy protection.

Sometimes it does not lock up as soon as I mount an image, but as soon as I try to open an explorer window on the drive explorer locks up, ctrl-alt-del refuses to respond, if I leave the computer for about 5 mins the screen goes black.

The only way to recover is to hit reset.

Any ideas?

Maybe your raid drivers could be a problem.
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

That's what I'm leaning to at the moment, but annoyingly it was just about working on my previous Vista x86 install with the exact same hardware and driver versions.

Development said a fix was coming "soon" in the ICH8/9R thread so I suppose it is a question of waiting...

Comment

Yes. You have to use your original discs to play your game. I think there will be within the next weeks (my thinking, not an announcement).
        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
        Schreibt mir eine PN!
        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Working...
        X