Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there plans for an Linux version of D-tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there plans for an Linux version of D-tools?

Hi

So are there plans for making an linux version of Daemon tools? I mean, it would be pretty useful in linux environment, too. Though I understand if it is too much work (making it just for windows is probably pretty work-intensive).

Not a viable option for now...

It would be nice but it's probably something for the faaaaaaaaaar future.First of all,most Linux apps are open-source and it would be difficult for most Copy-Protection Software to comply with GPL Licenses ( if it is not closed-source then copy protections lose an advantage against reverse-engineering ).Then,there is currently no economical incentive for the devs to make daemon tools for Linux.In addition,there are many variations of Linux which makes the task harder.Finally,DT is...closed-source!So,no!They won't do it not now not in the near future!

P.S.:Not to mention that still Windows is still the OS mostly used.Although I have Ubuntu in one partition of my drive and lov'it truth is that!
    It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity

Comment

Working...
    X