Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to load language files in v4

Hello !

I'm not able to load a specific language version in the v4...

I just have the default language which is English, but I can't find the option to change the language...

Can you help me, please ?

By the way, I want to load the French language...

Bye

I'm guessing you're using DT Lite version 4.10? The only included language in DT Lite is currently English, but you can download other language files as you please.

As long as there is only one valid language file in the %ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\Lang directory, the language menu will not be shown (as there are no other languages to choose from).

You should be able to find many language files in the Downloads section on this web site. But: The language files are currently under a lot of change, and old language files may not work in version 4.10. I think that the newest language files are currently to be found in the Translations forum (temporarily).

The language file for French should have the file name "FRE.dll", and you should put this in the Lang folder. Then you have to re-start Daemon Tools for it to see the new language file. Do this by right-clicking the Daemon Tools tray icon and choosing "Exit". Then you simply start Daemon Tools again from your Start menu.

I hope this helps you.. As mentioned above, many changes are being made to the language files, in order to make the translations compatible with both DT Lite and DT Pro. It will be made a whole lot easier to find and download the correct language file in the (hopefully near) future.
    Last edited by mastermind; 02.10.2007, 01:21.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello Master !

Thanks for your reply...

Well, for the moment, I've the free versio of DT, installed in the Daemon Tools directory...

The French language file I have is called 1036.dll and is from July 2006.

Where can I find a new version on the forum ?

I wanna be translator for English to French ! ^^

Comment

If you're interested in being a translator, please read through the "sticky" posts in the "DAEMON Tools TRANSLATIONS FORUM" section. There, you should be able to find all the information you need.

As for the newest French language file, see e-mail.

Comment

Re !

I've dowloaded the file you proposed me and dropped it in the lang directory of Daemon Tools...

But, when I launch it, it doesn't propose me to switch from English to French... (no language menu, no window...).

Then, if I erase the ENU.dll to replace it by the FR version, Daemon Tools tell me that it can't find a language file...

What can I do so ?

Thanks for all...

Comment

You're right, I'm sorry. I hadn't tested it myself before I suggested it for you. It seems that the newest French language file that I can find, only supports DTPro, as it isn't a complete translation (it doesn't contain all language strings). And the old French language file doesn't work with DT 4.10 either.

I suggest that you apply to be an official translator. It seems there is still need of help with the French translations

I'm sorry that I couldn't help you further.

Comment

Well, there must be more updates in the future I hope. If I think of the german translation - we change it almost every day.
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
                I suggest that you apply to be an official translator. It seems there is still need of help with the French translations
                I'm sorry that I couldn't help you further.
                Well, I've already applied...

I'm now waiting for an approval or a disapproval of my candidature...

I hope I'll be taken, indeed I'm fluent in English...

Thanks again for your help...

Have a nice day...

Comment

Working...
                X