reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reboot

ive been trying to find a version of Daemon Tools that works with vista Home Premium edition but ive had no luck the latest version of Daemon Tools ive tried to install is daemon 410-x86 and it starts to install then when i click install it jumps to the need to reboot window and does nothing after that so can someone direct me to a version of daemon tools that works with win vista home premium 32 bit edition

Do you have already tried with administrator rights (right click on installer and select run as administrator or completely deactivate user access control, restart and run installer again)?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i have admistrator rights

Comment

the SPTD appears to be installing correctly but i just cant get the DT to install without crashing to a reboot window then nothing happening on reboot "?"

Comment

Originally Posted by robert bockman View Post
          i have admistrator rights
          If you left UAC enabled, you don't have full administrator rights. Try what Blazkowicz suggested.

Comment

ok i rigth clicked an ran as admin but no go same thing how do i completely deactivate user access control?

Comment

Start->run->msconfig

There is a script to deactivate UAC.

Comment

Or go into User Accounts in the Control Panel, and change it from there.

Comment

i went to control panel and disabled UAC and it installed thanx dudes thanx a bunch

Comment

ooops i deactived UAC and was able to install a version called DT pro basic but it came with an advertising agent along with it causing DT to crash after the first use so i had to uninstall so i tried to install vers 410x86 and i got the same thing start the install it went directly to a reboot window but nothing happens after reboot no install so im back where i began is there somewhere someone makes patches for this kind of problem? because vista home premium just will not instll
                    DT

Comment

OK! I figured it out i dont know whats up with windows vista premium home and all the newer versions of DT, i tried everything i could. after trying everything and scouring the net and pouring through forums i stumbled onto a forum that sugested using DT version 408 and sptd vers 1.38 well i couldnt find sptd vers 1.38 so i took a chance and used sptd vers1.50 course i never thought it was sptd it always installed fine then i installed vers DT 408 and it works fine aside from a little adaware problem on install otherwise it runs great great peice of software DT

Comment

Working...
                      X