Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

İnternal setup error . error code : 14 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• İnternal setup error . error code : 14 ???

what the hell ?

First install SPTD 1.50 (www.duplexsecure), reboot and try to start setup again.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I did but still got the problem

Comment

I am having the same issue

I am having the exact same problem. I have also installed SPTDinst-v150-x86.exe but after the successful install Daemon Tools install still fails with error code: 14.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
        -Ed

Comment

It means setup is either corrupt/infected or these is some conflict with other software.

Comment

Have you tried re-downloading the file? How big is your daemon410-x86.exe?

daemon410-x86.exe should be 1 911 240 bytes
            daemon410-x64.exe should be 2 104 776 bytes

Checking the CRC checksum would be better, but simply checking the exact file size should tell you whether the download was incomplete/interrupted. The download agent/browser doesn't usually give an error if it encounters EOF in the data stream prematurely.
            Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. Even with Alcohol 120% who have been unable to support me in this matter!

I have uninstalled SPTD, and even manually removed all traces of it in registry and files.

Now when I try to install DT (daemon410-x64.exe) it also asks for a reboot to continue the installation. Once I have rebooted, the DT installer fails with Error Code: 14

DT file size: 2.104.776 bytes

caprinx: Do you have any anti-virus tools installed? I have Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008.

Let's try and figure this one out together. Or if someone at DT development could tell us what Error Code: 14 means, that would be greatly appreciated also!

Comment

In a reply to my previous post ...

Stopped all running programs, like Panda Antivirus+Firewall 2008 and tried again ...

It works, and installs fine.

Comment

Hi,

I just made mine work!
                  As Blazkowicz says you have to consider a software named SPTD, so:

1. First discovered that error 14 as something to do with rebooting (Well when my Deamon stopped working it kept telling that I must reboot).

2. second I went here and found out that SPTD is part of Daemon
                  http://www.greatis.com/security/What...%23%23.sys.htm and how to remove it.

3. I could remove it because the key was locked (windows windows windows)

4. found how to unlock a key here:

5 and final. After removing the key, reinstalled Deamon410-x86.exe and it works.

Its so annoying that register just to help you out.
                  I posted with links so I give credit to who concerns and also because there are a few subtleties that might work better for you.

Good luck!
                  Tiago

Comment

With me it is definately Panda Antivirus 2008 causing the problem.

After a clean reboot, Daemon Tools wont load. I shut down Panda, and Daemon Tools start fine ...

I am taking this to Panda Software support, as this is not a Daemon Tools problem.

Comment

I had a same error.
                      There was Symantec EndPoint protection installed and when I uninstalled it I could install DeamonTools. After Deamon installation completed, I installed EndPint protection again.
                      Stopping Symantec services didn't solve the issue.

Hope this will help.

BR

Comment

I have the same problems and this sucks.
                        I never had any problems with daemon tools untill now.
                        what a crap.
                        Guys code good or code nothing.
                        Whats going on over there?????

Even the "solution" (SPDT 1.56) wont help....
                        I use daemontools for ages, but what is this for joke.

internal setup error. Error code: 14. contact support.

i use the same security software as always, use the same software as always, and never had any problems untill v 4.30.3 came out.
                        what a crap!

Comment

Just reboot in safe mode, ladies... works fine.

Comment

Well....i have to resurrect this topic...i am sorry.

I got error 14 also, the exact same way as posted above.

I read about 10 Threads in a couple of forums for this problem. I contacted the disc-soft support via mail. They told me to uninstall the sptd driver, reinstall it, disable all anti-virus, etc software and install daemon tools.

I did, and error 14 occured again.

I downloaded the latest sptd driver (sptd 1.60 for Win 64bit, for i have a windows vista 64bit OS) from DuplexSecure, uninstalled any spdt driver with this, rebooted, installed the 1.60 version of sptd and tried installing daemon tools.

Error 14 occured.

I went into my msconfig and disabled "Avira AntiVir (Anti-Virus program), Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and Spybot Search and Destroy, rebootet, uninstalled sptd, reinstalled sptd, rebootet and tried to install daemon tools.

error 14 occured.

FINALLY i even went into the microsoft management console and disabled every instance of the programs stated above (anti-vir, spybot, firewall and defender), made sptd new and tried to install Daemon Tools.

And of course, error 14 occured.

How can i find out what software blocks sptd from running? (Which is the problem according to disc-soft support, who had me run a log-software on my computer, send them a log and then tell me, that some software blocks my sptd from running. WELL THANKS DISC SOFT!)

I am having this problem since 2 1/2 weeks now and disc soft support was not able to help me AT ALL.
                            Maybe someone here knows a solution, i am getting very aggrevated.

regards,
                            worp1900

Comment

Try to perform these actions: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/int...tml#post117585

Comment

Working...
                              X