Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error in Event Viewer under System and Yamaha burner no longer works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in Event Viewer under System and Yamaha burner no longer works.

Operating System: Microshaft Winblows XP Home
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

Here is the error from the System Viewer:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: d343bus
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4
    Description:
    Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 58 00 ......X.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......А
    0010: 0d 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I have 2 virtual drives setup and everytime I reboot the 2nd device is marked as not functioning correctly. I just disable it in the device manager and enable it again and it functions correctly.

Whenever I click on my Yamaha 4416EZ burner in the explorer it says:

G:\ is not accessible.

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

This is the same error I get on the 2nd virtual drive when I reboot. The Yamaha shows as everything working properly, when I disable/enable I get the above error in Event Viewer.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Yamaha drivers which are cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys and stopprop.dll.

Disable all virtual drives - you have something in log after reboot? And what is with Yamaha then?
    Where is Yamaha connected?

Comment

I disabled both of the virtual devices under device manager.

The error was the same at boot up and so was the condition of the Yamaha.

The Yamaha is connected on Primary as the Master, there is no slave. My Asus CD is on Secondary as Master and no slave.

I was having almost the same problem with the 3.41 daemon, cept then it was a pnpshark error in event viewer.

Comment

Can you please give the list of all software you have installed? I am interested only in those that may install drivers.

Comment

I have found out why the error is occuring with the Yamaha, but not the event.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

My Yamaha wasn't being recognized as a burner, as soon as I changed the registry setting for the drive it stopped giving me the I/O error when I try and access the drive. It seems as soon as I disable/enable the Yamaha drive it loses the setting in the registry, thus I have to change it again to get it to function.

I believe there is something wrong with the drive now anyhow, considering I press the eject button and do eject from explorer and the drive does not respond.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your time with the matter.

Comment

But you still get that event from Daemon every time inspite the fact that Yamaha is working?

Comment

Yes, the event is there everytime I reboot.

The Yamaha drive does not respond to eject commands via the hardward button or via software requests. I does eject prior to XP loading during POST.

Comment

In fact the error you see in log means that your CDROM could not be recognized by Daemon Tools at all - it is skipped and emulations (including RMPS) will never work from this drive. This requires further investigation.

Comment

Working...
                X