Arabic translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabic translation

This is the Arabic translation dll file that I have translated 95% of it and named it ara beta
    The 100% translation will follow after 2 days max hopefully.
    Every line in the target translation is tested and translated to what it means and to what it does, hence hopefully you have a 100% accurate translation.
    Now I need to know something in order to complete the translation.
    I came across these linens:
    &Status Bar
    Re&fresh
    Online &Help etc.
    I want to know is it ok to translate (&) symbol or do I leave it as it is???
    Thats all what I need to do to complete the translation
    Thanx and best regards.
    Attached Files
    Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Just leave the &.

Thanks for your work!
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

thax will start tonight to finish up the translation
      Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Comment

You shouldn't use Ara1.0 for LanguageID and also no Arabic beta for Destination Language Name.

For LanguageID you have to use 00000401 for Arabic - Saudi Arabia.

For other arabic ids check http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/r.../lcid-all.mspx
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by flasher33 View Post
          Now I need to know something in order to complete the translation.
          I came across these linens:
          &Status Bar
          Re&fresh
          Online &Help etc.
          I want to know is it ok to translate (&) symbol or do I leave it as it is???
          Your question is already answered by bismax, but I just wanted to explain what the & means.

The & indicates which letter should be underlined. It is not absolutely necessary, but makes the user less dependant on the mouse, as it functions as a kind of keyboard shortcut. If, for example, pressing ALT+H (with English language) in the DTPro main window, the Help menu will open. This is because it is defined as "&Help" in the translation, thus making "H" the "keyboard shortcut". If you had wanted "e" to be the underlined letter, you would type it as "H&elp", etc.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            You shouldn't use Ara1.0 for LanguageID and also no Arabic beta for Destination Language Name.
            For LanguageID you have to use 00000401 for Arabic.
            \========================================
            thanxs Blazkowicz;94291 for clearing that up for me.
            now I have updated the lang dll with the proper ID
            and used Destination Language Name Arabic (since this covers the whole ME)
            also now the whole interface is Arabic and some minor changes in some words
            only less than 3% left to go.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by flasher33; 12.10.2007, 10:44.

Comment

mastermind thanx for the clarification

Comment

Working...
              X