Installed Vista on mount and cant remove drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Vista on mount and cant remove drive

Hey, I used Daemon Tools 4.10 in XP to mount Vista and after I installed Vista (no problems), I can't use DT anymore. Error says:

Initiation Error 0
    This program requires at least Win 2000 with SPTD 1.43 or higher. Kernel Debugger must be deactivated.

I simply want to remove the virtual drive and uninstall Daemon however I can't seem to. I checked the common threads and couldn't find a similar problem/solution. Also I downloaded the daemon tools on the downloads page in hopes to install/uninstall but it didn't work either.

You need to remove Dtools and SPTD (probably manually), then reinstall. Why didn't you use your physical disc to install? You can't do an upgrade or repair of Windows without breaking DTools, Alcohol or SPTD. In fact, you really shouldn't do an upgrade at all. As a general rule, it's a very bad idea.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
      You need to remove Dtools and SPTD (probably manually), then reinstall. Why didn't you use your physical disc to install? You can't do an upgrade or repair of Windows without breaking DTools, Alcohol or SPTD. In fact, you really shouldn't do an upgrade at all. As a general rule, it's a very bad idea.

yes, i was going to say the same thing. You NEVER mount an OS...always burn the ISO. It really does help for a stable install.

Comment

Working...
      X