• Show
Clear All

• Error installing Daemon Tools 343

Operating System: Windows 200 Service Pack 4
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43.0

When I try to install I get the following error:
    Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in the system. Please choose other driver name or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names[/img]

So did you follow the message instructions?

Comment

re: failed install

Which drivers is it conflicting with? It's didn't tell me to that I can work around it

Comment

It is conflicting with the name you gave for drivers (bus and port). For example, you can't use cdrom because cdrom.sys already exists.

Comment

Operating System: XP sp1a
          Burning Software: None
          Anti-virus Software: None
          DAEMON Tools Version: probs with 3.43

Also both names CANNOT be the same, use different scsi and drivers names

Comment

I tried using the Alchol 120 names ofr bus and scsi port, and it causes a crash as well

Comment

Ok got install working

I did find some roxio crap still lying around, removed it and bam daemon tools installs and works.
              However it causes Alcohol 120 to not start due to can't load virtual cdrom drivers any suggestions?

Comment

I tried using the Alchol 120 names ofr bus and scsi port, and it causes a crash as well
                Why did you give Daemon Tools Drivers the same name as Alcohol-Drivers?

Comment

Probably to save hard disk space :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: :twisted: :shock: :mrgreen:
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have gotten it to successfully install and run now, I had some roxio crap hiding on the system i removed. However it seems to kill alcohol 120 as it can't create load it's own virtual CDROM to make images. Anyone got a clue to as why? Also NeverwinterNights Hordes of the underdark doesn't even see the image I mount via daemon tools (it is a secrom 5 image made with latest alcohol 120)

Comment

Working...
                    X