autoplay wierdness with defrag and shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autoplay wierdness with defrag and shutdown

...this is what i notice almost every time i do a shutdown or i decide to defrag using Raxco PerfectDisk 8:

When i initially boot my computer, my Pro Standard 218 does NOT automatically load up a previous image that i have mounted. BUT, when i go to shutdown, i finally get the 'autoplay' menu asking if i want to run/open folders of the previously mounted images. (luckily i have all my autoplays set to 'ask me'...otherwise i'm assuming i might get some errors as the computer shuts down AND tries to run programs/games)

Also, when i do a defrag (not offline)..again, the autoplay comes up as PerfectDisk8 is doing the initial scan, before it actually starts getting to work.

running Vista32U
    DT Pro Standard .218
    PerfectDisk8 (build 64)

anyone else encounter these problems?
    dxdiag provided upon request.

(they are not called bugs/glitches...they are called 'features')
    Last edited by Finnius; 12.10.2007, 01:29. Reason: added comment

ok so today i thought i would play a bit and see what's what. What i have noticed is that if i have the Agent in autostart, I see the Vdrives and images immediately after reboot, and the autoplay comes up fairly quickly.

If, however, i have autostart off, I still see the Vdrives (empty) after bootup, but it can be minutes/hours later that the IMAGE itself, and thus the 'autoplay' comes up. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to WHEN the autoplay will come up...but eventually it does, unless of course i click on the image and force it.

I suppose if i only had like 500MB of RAM...(heheh) that might account for slowdown, but i have 4G...plenty enough for VistaU and other initial process'/threads.

again, it is the weirdest thing, and i never encountered it on the old DT prg. It doesn't actually hurt or hinder...just a little annoyance that will occur while viewing a webpage, starting up defrag, etc.

any feedback from you all would be appreciated.

Comment

Images are remounted only when DT starts via GUI or tray.

Comment

Working...
      X