AnyDVD 6.1.8.4, Nero 8.1.1.0b Recode, & Daemon-Tools 4.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnyDVD 6.1.8.4, Nero 8.1.1.0b Recode, & Daemon-Tools 4.10

When ripping a movie (I've even tried movies without any encryption) with all the latest versions of the above apps I receive a message when trying to open the DVD using Daemon-Tools that says "Unable to mount image. Invalid image file." Is anyone else experiencing this? I believe I saw somewhere that the new Recode was not very AI Scanner friendly, so I disabled this in AnyDVD and I still receive the error (after re-ripping my movies). Is there something with Recode that the latest version does not like with the latest version of AnyDVD maybe? I can rip the DVDs with the AnyDVD ripper then make an image with Nero ( Burning Rom then load the image with Daemon-Tools without a problem it's just a little more time consuming than ripping right from Recode then loading the image. I just did a complete reinstall of my box, so this is all a fresh install of the apps.

Beware that AnyDVD is illegal in many countries because it decrypts the DVD Video protections. But, I don't think your problem has anything to do with AnyDVD anyway, and I won't mention that app again.

(Personally, I consider it your right as a consumer to protect your property and back up your legally bought movie discs, but the legislation in many (most?) western countries bans the removal of copy protections. Therefore, please avoid mentioning software that is illegal in this forum)

Have you tried making an image of your (unprotected) video discs using another software? I have never used Nero Recode - what image format does it use?
    Last edited by mastermind; 17.10.2007, 17:53.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X