Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I need to reActivate again??

Hi,
    I purchased DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced and activated it here at the office as I dont have internet access at home.
    Everything was fine until a couple of week ago when it stopped working and asked me to activate again!
    I am not toting my machine back to the office again, so is there a permanent solution to this?

I really think this is carrying activation too far!

That is normal. It checks after a few weeks for validation and when no internet is available it wants activation again. In the release notes it is clearly stated you have to have internet access to use it.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Lesson learned, software removed.

Comment

You should have read the EULA before due there was a notification within.
        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
        Schreibt mir eine PN!
        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Ouch. You can't use Daemon Tools Pro if you don't have an internet connection?
          I wonder if that's a restriction only on the trial version or if it applies to the purchased versions as well?
          I'll start a thread and ask since this thread's a little old.

Comment

DTPro needs an internet connection once a month or after three weeks. You don't need a permanent connection to the internet.
            Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
            Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
            Schreibt mir eine PN!
            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by bismax View Post
              DTPro needs an internet connection once a month or after three weeks. You don't need a permanent connection to the internet.
              This is an old thread, but I have to say..

Making _purchased_ people re-authorize every few weeks; thats just silly. Why would you?

You've paid, you've authorized.. that should be it, right? (Think about it from a user perspective.)

(I'm a software developer who sells his own apps, I know the other side too. I try not to annoy my users

jeff

Comment

its a method to stop piracy of the product plain and simple, we've seen that dt versions are pirated, last one i saw was .218.. so the enforced checking (albeit monthly etc..) is a deterrent for this, as.. well, if you've pirated your version the key will be dead, so you're screwed (and rightly so)...

and from my side, the 'enforced' reactivation seems to be transparent.. ie: i've never seen a dialog about it...

whilst some may not agree with it, its a small sacrifice and usually does not impact on the end user...

i do think however, that allowing the same license on the same pc on different os's would be a good move .. but again, i can see both sides..
                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                X