Daemon Tools API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools API

Hi, please could I have the lastest daemon tools api?

I would like to make a custom loader with a few fancy features.

Thanks, Rob

first time poster, and non customer... i dont fancy your chances at getting the api documentation.... (just a wild guess though)
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Excuse Me

Hey, but excuse me;

I have used daemon tools for years on end. For as long as ive know I have used daemon tools. I have seen other people here get the API and would like to build a game-mounting platform.

I would use the exe commandline but there is no way to guess how long it is taking to mount the images, unmount them and such.

Comment

its a trust thing, if you aren't trusted, or have a good enough reason to need the api then you wont get it...

i suggest you email locutus about it...

i would imagine the non customer (or your post count) will not be in your favor however....no matter how long you've used daemon tools...

there might be a way to detect if the image is loaded.. monitor the file times of the image (date last accessed).. it might change when the image is loaded/accessed (and add in a mini sleep to make sure its fully loaded etc..)... just an idea, i have no idea if it works or not...
        Last edited by evlncrn8; 28.10.2007, 00:00. Reason: forgot a not
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Do a FindWindow() Win32 API call to check if the "Please wait" window is still shown. I'm guessing that message window is created when mounting an image and destroyed when it's no longer shown. Otherwise, you could look up its screen position.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi, first thanks for the advice;

I have tried various ways including yours but its just a pain in the neck because you cant check whats already mounted in the drive, what drives are mounted etc. As far as I can see the only way to see this would be to use the api.

I would buy PRO but to be honest all this rubbish of activation and calls home every 3 weeks isnt really what I would want.

Comment

But you must trust us enough to get the API when you sign NDA! with us. When you cant
              trust a small application, used by millions, how can you trust
              such NDA? Exactly - you can't, its obvious. Who knows what
              we do with your realname? I dont want to push you into
              such awkward predicament. No. We respect that! - it is always good when someone clarifies
              the own position. Thank you for your interest ...
              Last edited by LocutusofBorg; 04.11.2007, 02:14.

Comment

Working...
              X