Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT v4.10 hangs on "Initializing driver" on Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Hi guys/gals,

Like the title states, I'm having issues with DT v4.10. I've tried to versions so far:

DT v4.10.0216 and DT v4.10.0218

I have the same problem on both versions. When I launch DT, the program stops at the "Initializing Driver" step. Luckily, it's just DT and not other programs that stops working.

I found a way around this problem. I right-click the DTPro.exe file then choose "Run as administrator." That gets me inside the program but when I'm installing a virtual IDE drive, the program freezes again.

Seeing how the SPTD is blamed for a lot of DT's problems, I booted into SafeMode and uninstalled it. I rebooted again, installed SPTD v1.50 manually, rebooted again then installed DaemonTools. I still have the same problem.

When, I think ever since DT went commercial, the stability and reliability has really gone down. Isn't it supposed to get better? I've been using DT for 3-4 years now and I've never had a frustrating problem like this before.

Here's my system spec:

*Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit with latest updates
    *ASRock 775Dual-VSTA mobo, BIOS: v3.00
    *Intel Core 2 Duo, E6600, 2.4GHz
    *2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800
    *ATI Radeon 1900XT 512MB
    *Creative Audigy 2 ZS

DT is the only program so far, that's supposedly certified for Vista, that's giving me trouble. All other software works fine, even Alcohol 120%.

-Optimummind
    WinXP Pro SP2, Abit IS7 865PE, P4 2.8E@3.4ghz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT@Ultra-flashed, 420/1100

That's strange that Alcohol would work and not DTools, since they share the same virtual drives.

Comment

Working...
    X