Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT pro 10 day trial - won't start

Hello!
    My problem is as follows - I can't get the dt pro to work at all. Here's my report...
    - I have uninstalled the normal Daemon Tools with all the drives and such. Reboot.
    - I have downloaded and installed the DT PRO trial ithout a hassle. Reboot.
    - The DT pro has been starting with a splash screen saying something about initializing devices. It has taken about 10 - 15 seconds, then the splash screen vanished, and nothing more happened.
    - After a quick inspection, I have noticed a new optical drive in "my computer" - so the drives have been initialized succesfully at least.
    - But I can't do anything more with it - clicking daemon tools icon only produces the splash screen for a quarter of second, and dtproagent does nothing at all - doesn't go into my system tray - and it isn't the problem with the icon not being visible - I have investigated the situation in the program manager, and when the DTproagent is clicked, it spawns his process in program manager, acts for a second or two, and disappears from there. So I can assume it crashes or is killed.
    In the whole process both my firewall and anti virus were off.
    Also, I have read on the forums that DTPRO should ask for my email or some other data somewhere around the splash - no such moniker happened to me.
    Is it possible that earlier DT installation interferes? or something like that? I have uninstalled DTPRO and tried again to install, but to no avail...
    Hope you can help me...
    Cheers
    R.

PS. I'm using win XP SP2
Working...
X