PDA

View Full Version : yasu.exe to d-tools directory

ponderpatch
26.10.2007, 20:14
where is the daemon tools directory where i have to copy the yasu.exe file to? this is probably very simple but i'm very stoopid! thanks

desi_style
27.10.2007, 20:55
This is something I want to know - it's bugging me like mad.

I thought it would be in the directory that you choose when installing Daemon Tools - but I have put Yasu in that directory (the one that appears in the start menu) but absoultly nothing happens other then recieving the following error:

Error:

Unable to locate the file "daemon.dll" and/or "dtpro.dll".
Please copy "Yasu.exe to your DAEMON-Tools directory, then run the application again.

:confused:

I am fairly good with computers - but when it comes to things like this, I am absoultly usless! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Desi

evlncrn8
28.10.2007, 00:03
right click the daemon tools icon on the desktop and select properties.. it should show the location...

typically its c:\program files\daemon tools or c:\program files\daemon tools pro or c:\program files(x86)\daemon tools pro
as its default location... (assuming c:\ is the drive your windows is running from of course)...

ninjavz
09.08.2009, 00:05
There is no DAEMON.DLL or DTPRO.DLL on the Daemon Tools directory, so YASU always gives that error! How can we fix this?

evlncrn8
09.08.2009, 01:47
mentioned before in a few threads

copy any dll in that folder, rename the copy to daemon.dll, does the job :)

moonie
09.08.2009, 14:22
mentioned before in a few threads

copy any dll in that folder, rename the copy to daemon.dll, does the job :)

or make a new txt file write any letters and save as dll ^^

boyumeow
11.08.2009, 06:01
Create a shortcut for YASU and run it.

Terramex
11.08.2009, 08:42
There is no DAEMON.DLL or DTPRO.DLL on the Daemon Tools directory, so YASU always gives that error! How can we fix this?Just use the lastest YASU version 1.6.9040 to get rid of this error message.

nimd4
19.08.2009, 03:02
There is no DAEMON.DLL or DTPRO.DLL on the Daemon Tools directory, so YASU always gives that error!mentioned before in a few threads
Btw., here's one of those threads (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/showthread.php?t=24728)..;)

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/showthread.php?t=24728

Bikerbob
19.09.2009, 14:33
Having the same issue.

I have renamed one of the dlls to daemon.dll and it gives me a runtime C error..

Whats up.. using 4.30.1 with 1.7 YASA

thanks
james

Terramex
19.09.2009, 15:32
There is no YASU 1.7.

Just use latest DT (4.30.4) and YASU (1.6.9040) and there'll be no need to rename anything ;)

itp333
31.10.2009, 01:11
Easy rename DTLite.exe to daemon.exe and run YASU :)

dredd2c
02.12.2009, 07:09
1st-sorry for my english

i made this
make a copy of DTLite.exe then rename a copy to DTPro.exe
and put it back in the folder - yasu will work

because the icons (file association) disappear

youngneptune
06.12.2009, 11:11
I just downloaded and installed the latest DT and YASU. But it tells me to find daemon.exe or dtpro.exe.

Renaming them does not work either.

evlncrn8
06.12.2009, 14:03
and you put yasu in the SAME folder as daemon tools?

youngneptune
07.12.2009, 07:35
@ evlncrn8 - Yes I copy-pasted the yasu.exe to the installed directory:

C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite

But it is not detecting the files even if I rename them.

youngneptune
09.12.2009, 20:00
Just an update: I tried installing the same software (DTlite and YASU) on to a different machine (my laptop). It worked! So I'm guessing the problem is something to do with my desktop - I haven't figured out what the problem is though.

youngneptune
13.12.2009, 03:10
So there's no solution to this other than formatting my desktop? No suggestions what so ever? I run AVG as security, but I'm sure that's not causing any issues. One difference I noticed between the laptop installation and the desktop installation/s was that the former asked for a language option; while the latter didn't.

ppk55
22.12.2009, 19:54
Same problem. DT Lite v.4.35.5.0068 / Yasu 1.6.9040

Unable to locate the file ''daemon.exe'' or ''dtpro.exe''. Please copy... blah.

Tried renaming and everything that was suggested here, still doesn't work. Can someone maybe suggest earlier versions that will work together?

Tuga
24.12.2009, 13:14
Same problem. DT Lite v.4.35.5.0068 / Yasu 1.6.9040

Unable to locate the file ''daemon.exe'' or ''dtpro.exe''. Please copy... blah.

Tried renaming and everything that was suggested here, still doesn't work. Can someone maybe suggest earlier versions that will work together?

Yeah, I have the very same problem (with the very same error message). OS: Vista Ultimate 64. No solutions so far!

Tuga
24.12.2009, 20:07
...And the only Y.A.S.U. version which works under Vista Ultimate 64 is '1.3', but it's blacklisted! :frown:

DethChikkin
25.12.2009, 09:24
twas a pain in the arse but i fixed it. just copy any dll (i copied engine.dll), paste, rename it 'daemon.dll' and toss it back in the daemon tools folder.

did the same thing for the exe error message (cant find daemon.exe), i copied DTLite.exe, pasted it on my desktop, renamed it to 'daemon' (didnt add the .exe, and didnt need to), and tossed it back in the daemon tools folder.

hope this helped, and if anything, gave proof as the previous advice works.

Apologetix
31.12.2009, 19:17
ok i got this down lol listen it took me a long ass time but you were all wrong... and you were all right just had hald the shit lol

ok so basicly this shit dont work for windows vista 64bit.. why bc the computer world hates us lol

we have to do this our selfs so first off

1. go to your DT directory..
2. find your engin.dll file.. copy and past to desk top.
3. label it daemon.dll
4. after changing name past it again
and re name it dtpro.dll
5. past them both back into your Dt directory
6. change the name ( no copy pasting needed) of your DTexe file to just daemon
and it will work .. good luck i think the reason this took me so long is i didnt even know anything about yasu untill like 1 hour ago so i hope this helps but it finally got everything to work for me

Lalagous
07.01.2010, 18:13
Apologetix I did what you said and it worked great. Thanks a lot, the only thing is I'm running XP and I still got all those errors. So IDK what the issue is.

I think it is the fact that the files in DT Lite dont match those that the current YASU is searching for resulting in the error message. I supposed either YASU will have to change the .dll files it is searching for or users will have to continue to change the .dll files in DT to match YASU needs.

cristof12
27.02.2010, 14:50
ok i got this down lol listen it took me a long ass time but you were all wrong... and you were all right just had hald the shit lol

ok so basicly this shit dont work for windows vista 64bit.. why bc the computer world hates us lol

we have to do this our selfs so first off

1. go to your DT directory..
2. find your engin.dll file.. copy and past to desk top.
3. label it daemon.dll
4. after changing name past it again
and re name it dtpro.dll
5. past them both back into your Dt directory
6. change the name ( no copy pasting needed) of your DTexe file to just daemon
and it will work .. good luck i think the reason this took me so long is i didnt even know anything about yasu untill like 1 hour ago so i hope this helps but it finally got everything to work for me

It don't works : the message its : unable to authenticate DAEMON Tools Lite and or DAEMON Tools Pro

Kamagel007
07.03.2010, 17:10
twas a pain in the arse but i fixed it. just copy any dll (i copied engine.dll), paste, rename it 'daemon.dll' and toss it back in the daemon tools folder.

did the same thing for the exe error message (cant find daemon.exe), i copied DTLite.exe, pasted it on my desktop, renamed it to 'daemon' (didnt add the .exe, and didnt need to), and tossed it back in the daemon tools folder.

hope this helped, and if anything, gave proof as the previous advice works.

THANK YOU!!!