DT not working in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT not working in XP

I should say it's half working. I can mount images and install from images. But, any game that looks for the CD to play will still ask me for the CD. This includes pretty much any game. I've only had this problem since I started using WinXP. When I had WinME on the same machine Daemon-Tools worked flawlessly. I am using the latest version and have changed the names of the virtual drives in Daemon manager. Please help me. I hate carrying all my CDs to LAN parties.

Thanks

Could you please post the following information (to make it easier to find the problem):

Your system specifications (esp. the CD(-RW) and DVD drives)
    The games you want to play (at least some of them)

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well right now there is a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302. But, I made these images with my old Smart and Friendly CD-R 8020. None of my games work. But, UT 2003 and Battlefield 1942 are a couple examples. Once again, these games worked fine in Windows ME.

Other system specs:
      AMD T-Bird 900 @ 1009
      PNY Geforce 3 Ti 200
      Asus A7V motherboard Bios v1010

Comment

Is it the same with older games (like 3 or more months=before SecuROM v4.8x)?

Hmm, looks to me like a problem with D-Tools or your Win installation, if it's only with your current XP-install, and if it's worked fine before with ME...

Sorry, cannot help you there any further, maybe the Admins/Mods can do more for you...

Sergei
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Check this out and report if it helps.
          Btw does it work from original cds?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
            Check this out and report if it helps.
            Btw does it work from original cds?
            No that's not it. And yes if I just use the cd in the DVD drive it works fine.

Comment

Which Program? This is usefull information for us!

Comment

Working...
              X