• SPTD 1.51 Public Beta released

- Fixed issues with Intel RAID controllers
    - workaround for non-existing "software conflict"
    - general enhancements
    - smaller bug fixes

Download

@Mod
    Plz move if wrong forum.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 31.10.2007, 17:43.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

@Blazkowicz: Changelog is from an older version ;-)

Edit: It seems DiscTools includes the wrong Changelog...

Here is the correct one:

Dear SPTD users,

During last months we have received several messages from SPTD end users
    that one software company is spreading information on its website that SPTD
    driver software is causing software conflicts with their applications.
    After carefully analyzing this issue we have concluded that SPTD driver
    software does not cause in reality any kind of software conflicts with this
    application and we have notified this software company about this fact but still did not get any kind of reaction yet.

Therefore we have decided as a temporary workaround solution to partially
    hide SPTD in memory. We are currently forced to hide SPTD in memory so licensees of SPTD driver software could continue to use our driver.

Of course we are open for any comments here in this forum topic or by e-mail from all software developers or end users regarding possible SPTD driver conflicts with other software applications and would immediately analyze any possible outstanding issues.

We have offered for downloads two files at : http://disc-tools.com/download/sptdbeta
    SPTD v1.51 (32 bit) and SPTD v1.51 (64 bit) - public beta versions and we would appreciate to learn your possible comments

and questions here in our forum or by e-mail via our online message form to "SUPPORT" department:

Issues addressed:
    - Fixed issues with Intel RAID controllers
    - workaround for non-existing "software conflict"
    - general enhancements
    - smaller bug fixes

Check Sum Note:
    ----------------
    "SPTDinst-v151-x86.exe": X86 (32 bit) Ver. 1.51 SHA-1 Check Sum:
    3ED59F63A85AD94B4FF6F0984D275F7E4AD8299D

"SPTDinst-v151-x64.exe": X64 (64 bit) Ver. 1.51 SHA-1 Check Sum:
    ED724BD1469EBF8B5627A2E3A59C73C7AA713DF3
    Last edited by FordPrefect; 31.10.2007, 17:44.

Comment

Thx Ford, i only copied from download page and haven't visited the forum.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

curious, wonder who the company was.. guessing slysoft
        Last edited by evlncrn8; 31.10.2007, 19:40.
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I thought it was Tages?

Comment

I guess it's Sony DADC because there have been complains about the new SecuRom which has blacklisted the SPTD driver

curious, wonder who the company was.. guessing slysoft
            Why the hell should Slysoft do that

Comment

nah, if its sptd driver blacklisting, its tages..
              i said slysoft because they said on their forums that sptd/alc/dt can cause problems with their programs....
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I confirm : It is definetly not Securom : The "conflict" with Emulator software is still displayed with last securom version ...

Comment

Does anyone have the specific details on the "Fixed issues with Intel RAID controllers"? What were the symptoms, platforms, chipsets, etc?

I've been trying to track done a mysterious freezing/hanging issue on Windows XP with my Asus P5K motherboard, which I've got set up to use the Intel matrix raid 1 (ICH9). I've already found the majority of the Vista and Intel Matrix raid threads on Google -- none really presented any fixes which helped me. I recently removed the SPTD service (ran 'SPTDinst-v150-x86 remove') and Daemon, in hopes it was the cause. Time will tell. Oddly enough, I still see the sptd service in the registry, although it's disabled (startup is 4).

Comment

Originally Posted by BSOD2600 View Post
                    Does anyone have the specific details on the "Fixed issues with Intel RAID controllers"? What were the symptoms, platforms, chipsets, etc?
                    I've been trying to track done a mysterious freezing/hanging issue on Windows XP with my Asus P5K motherboard, which I've got set up to use the Intel matrix raid 1 (ICH9). I've already found the majority of the Vista and Intel Matrix raid threads on Google -- none really presented any fixes which helped me. I recently removed the SPTD service (ran 'SPTDinst-v150-x86 remove') and Daemon, in hopes it was the cause. Time will tell. Oddly enough, I still see the sptd service in the registry, although it's disabled (startup is 4).
                    I'm currently fighting with the same issues with my Asus P5B-E Motherboard. I slowly disabled more and more services on my WinXP System till the virus scanner .. then I got something different than a totally system freeze. A Blue Screen Of Death that shows an issue in the sptd.sys .. I had v1.50 and now I'm trying 1.51 beta.
                    I'm testing the stability right now (its a long process). If the System seems to be stable, I slowly enable my virus scanner and other services again.

I would like to know more details about "Fixed issues with Intel RAID controllers", too.

Comment

Working...
                    X