Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drives Dont Appear On My Computer

any help would me very much appreciated.. thanks in advance

i installed daemon( the lattest version..even tried the older version)...but every time i try it and restarted couple of times.. i dont see the virtual drives in my computer..but i see them in my device manager...

i then installed alcohol soft...adn teh same problem but then when i uninstalled daemon the virtual drive of alchol appeared on my computer.. but i prefer daemon ....

ive attached along the my hardware specs and sofware specs

win xp sp2
    p4 QUAD e6600 2.4ghz
    Asus P5N E SLI
    2GB ddr 2 (533 mhz) ram
    geforce 7600gs

ive got no idea how to get this thing workin... and ive tried everytin i knw.. help please

cheers
    vikka

jus a small update...i cant see it in my device manager too... and it when i try setting device parameters... it ends up saying " UNABLE TO SET DEVICE PARAMETERS

pls help..." sigh''

Comment

this worked for me

I've had this problem once or twice before and I just ended up using System restore until I saw the drives again. It happened to me again today (there was a lot going on today, trojan removal, reg clean up, etc.) and this time, I figured out how to fix it without system restore.
      Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;314060
      and download the "guided help" exe. Run it.
      Then go into the Device Manager and find your CD/DVD drives. Uninstall them ALL - all the virtual and real CD/DVD drives. This won't work if you do them one at a time (makes no sense, but that's how it is on my PC).
      Then click the Action menu, and Scan for Hardware Changes. It will find your real drives and the virtual drives you had before.
      This is what worked for me. I'm also on win xp sp2. Hope this works for you too.

Comment

Working...
      X