CDs do not work after installing and patching DT Pro 4.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDs do not work after installing and patching DT Pro 4.1.1

I just recently got DT pro and patched to 4.1.1, before this any image file I would mount to DT (unpro) would work, and CDs that I put into my harddrive would work. After getting Pro, neither have worked.

Is there a way to fix this? And if not, someone owes me 500$ for a new DVD drive.

There is no DT Pro 4.1.1. Latest is 4.10.0218.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      There is no DT Pro 4.1.1. Latest is 4.10.0218.

4.1, same problem, though. I'd edit my post but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Comment

Wow, nothing?

Comment

What exactly does "not work"?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
            What exactly does "not work"?

My cd drive, you know, the one that you put CDs into, along with and "virtual drive" I have made with/that are used by DT pro.

Alcohol 120% emulator drives work perfectly, but what I'm mostly worried about is my CD drive.

If it's of any information, after patching to 4.1, I created an IDE drive, and then another by accident, one of them was [8.0] and the other [8.1]. I dont know what it means, but I removed the 8.0 one and then afterwards any mounted cd on the SCSI OR IDE drives would not autoplay, or be recognized as mounted. As well as any cd I PUT into my computer.

Comment

I don't have this problem with DT pro adv.

And why do you use a patch ? Langage can be change in DT, if it miss your langage : stop DT pro (agent and programm) put the ddl file in langs folder, restart daemon.
              No patch needed.

You can also try with the spdt 1.51.

Comment

Originally Posted by Heliopios View Post
                I just recently got DT pro and patched to 4.1.1, before this any image file I would mount to DT (unpro) would work, and CDs that I put into my harddrive would work. After getting Pro, neither have worked.
                Is there a way to fix this? And if not, someone owes me 500$ for a new DVD drive.
                First of all, DAEMON Tools can't damage your CD/DVD drive. Secondly, if you have paid 500$ for your drive, somone has swindled you for sure.

I don't understand what kind of patch you're referring to, if you've recenly got DT Pro. If you had downloaded from disc-soft, you would have gotten the latest full install immediately.
                Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
                  First of all, DAEMON Tools can't damage your CD/DVD drive. Secondly, if you have paid 500$ for your drive, somone has swindled you for sure.
                  I don't understand what kind of patch you're referring to, if you've recenly got DT Pro. If you had downloaded from disc-soft, you would have gotten the latest full install immediately.

Instead of being a smartass over a spelling mistake, you could read below and be helpful and try to actually help me solve my problem instead of being cynical.

Comment

Sounds rather like problem with some filter driver:

unfortunately the linked MS knowledge base artice seems to be unavailable, so check this similar article:
                    This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

Autoplay problem should be solved by checking related options in e.g. CloneCD or TweakUI.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Instead of being a smartass over a spelling mistake, you could read below and be helpful and try to actually help me solve my problem instead of being cynical.
                      OK, I admit that it wasn't especially friendly from my part, but I didn't perceive your posts as especially friendly either.

Have you tried Copytrooper's suggestion? You may not have both an "UpperFilter" value and a "LowerFilter" value, but you probably have one of them. If I remember correctly, CloneCD and other Elby/SlySoft products have a filter driver in "LowerFilters", for example. You don't have to delete the value(s), as Microsoft suggests. I recommend to rather simply rename them. Remember to reboot after making the changes.
                      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Spelling mistake? I was wondering what patch you were referring to as well. Clarity helps immensely when you're asking for help. The clearer you are, the easier we can help you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                          Sounds rather like problem with some filter driver:

unfortunately the linked MS knowledge base artice seems to be unavailable, so check this similar article:
                          This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

Autoplay problem should be solved by checking related options in e.g. CloneCD or TweakUI.

I have followed the direction to the letter, deleting the upper and lower filters, with no change in my condition.

Comment

If it's of any information, after patching to 4.1, I created an IDE drive, and then another by accident, one of them was [8.0] and the other [8.1]. I dont know what it means, but I removed the 8.0 one and then afterwards any mounted cd on the SCSI OR IDE drives would not autoplay, or be recognized as mounted. As well as any cd I PUT into my computer.
                            I thought DT Pro Advanced could only be used by customers? No offense meant but are you a customer?

Comment

Working...
                            X