Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompatibility between IMAPIv2 burning DLL and Daemon Tools' virtual drive

Hello,
    I've tried to contact Venom per e-mail but the mail server bounces on his account. Is Venom no longer around?
    Anyway, here's the issue:
    A third party developer running one of our IMAPI2 samples after installing daemon tools noticed that the (IMAPI) initialization fails on daemon tools virtual device. (Report at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/sho...06783&siteid=1 ). It seems the issue to due to an unperfect emulation of optical device. Now it's a rather minor problem as likely you don't intend to burn a mastered disc on the virtual device.
    Cheers from Redmond,
    David Burg.
    Ps.: Hum, I need to change my signature...
    David Burg
    Lead Software Development Engineer,
    Optical storage,
    Microsoft Corp.

Thanks for your report!
    Too bad is that this guy did not report his DT version.
    GET CONFIGURATION command should be properly supported
    by DT virtual drive, so this is a bit strange.
    Also worth installing latest SPTD layer and try with it too.
    duplexsecure.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf duplexsecure.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Older DT version could have outdated version of it.

P.S. If needed you can always mail to support@daemon-tools.cc and you will be redirected to "correct" person.

Comment

I tried the lastest version - 4.10 - and yes get configuration works fine there and imapi returns the correct failure code (operation not supported, as the virtual device is a rom device hence cannot record).
      David Burg
      Lead Software Development Engineer,
      Optical storage,
      Microsoft Corp.

Comment

Working...
      X