DT Pro and Astroburn have too much bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro and Astroburn have too much bugs

I did not tell it before and it is not my business, of course, but both DT Pro and Astroburn contain so many evident serious bugs that it is even not worth reporting all them here. They need to be tested much better by developers/testers before releasing. Thses builds could be called betas but not published for sale. If I needed something like that I definitely would not buy these applications in their current shape.

DT Lite is OK, though.

If you can't list them all here, could you give some examples of the bugs you find the most annoying?

I hope you're not referring to blacklists, cause this is a neverending cat and mouse game between DT and copy protections.
    Also, being a step ahead of today's advanced copy protections is not an easy task. So yes there can be bugs, just like copy protections often contain bugs. But I haven't found any major bugs in DT Pro yet.

Comment

In my opinion, DT Pro is really stable, I never had a crash.

Referring to Astroburn, I can agree with you, but the problem with my BenQ was solved within the following release. So well, it's worthy to buy it after some additional functions will be put into that program.
      Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
      Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
      Schreibt mir eine PN!
      If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
        If you can't list them all here, could you give some examples of the bugs you find the most annoying?
        I hope you're not referring to blacklists, cause this is a neverending cat and mouse game between DT and copy protections.
        No, I mean just trivial interface and functionality bugs. I could report a bug or two if they could be hard to find. But if they all are easily seen all over the program as soon as you make anything nonstandard, this is the work for testers and I will not spend my time for listing them.
        I will say even more. I'm a professional developer myself and I can make an authoritative statement. If driver itself is probably at good level (except for vIDE device which disappears from the system as soon as I try to use for in "battle conditions"), the GUI was developed by a junior, a student or somebody of the kind. Because a skilled developer who knows how to write code properly would never allow many of those bugs to appear at all (just because proper coding style automatically protects from them).

Comment

I think DT is great (havent tested Astroburn yet because of my broken dvd-burner).
          But for DT: so many users (with different configurations) use it, it is impossible to build it without problems for (some) users.
          edit: i dont have had any serious problems so for.
          i had one but i made a mistake with my translation (and that was why dt-pro crashed when starting it. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
            No, I mean just trivial interface and functionality bugs. I could report a bug or two if they could be hard to find. But if they all are easily seen all over the program as soon as you make anything nonstandard, this is the work for testers and I will not spend my time for listing them.
            I will say even more. I'm a professional developer myself and I can make an authoritative statement. If driver itself is probably at good level (except for vIDE device which disappears from the system as soon as I try to use for in "battle conditions"), the GUI was developed by a junior, a student or somebody of the kind. Because a skilled developer who knows how to write code properly would never allow many of those bugs to appear at all (just because proper coding style automatically protects from them).
            Since you are an official translator I wonder why you do all this work when you dont even identify with your baby. You should immediately give up this job.
            btw: I can't find any severe bug in DT Pro, and you are for sure no professional developer (at least not software dev) - I'd bet my balls .

Comment

I have no vested interest in whether your claims are accurate or not (e.g. I feel no compulsion to prove you right or wrong), but it does make me stop and wonder. If you feel the way about it, why post like this?

If you cared about DT, you'd post the bugs you find so the devs can fix it. You'd want to see it improved, and thus would post those bugs so it would get better.

If you don't care about DT, why bother being a translator or even posting this message? It makes no sense. If you don't care about it, then you wouldn't bother wasting your time to complain.

So I'm at a loss at exactly what you're trying to accomplish here and why? This is not meant as facitious, I'm quite serious.

Comment

Totally agrre with Jito, why even post without telling what "major" bugs you have really found if you cared for DT you could at least tell about the bugs you found. Since you took the time to post and answer the post here i think you could also have time to report what bug you encountered.

Comment

First of all, why I had become a translator.
                  I started translating DT Lite long ago to make it easier for my old class-mate to use it, since he does not know English.
                  When DT Pro was released I thought, why not to translate DT Pro if I already have translation for DT Lite? That's all. I do not have any tender feelings to DT Pro just as to any other program. That's just a program and nothing more.

Now as for bugs.
                  I had made a decision not to report them on the first day I downloaded and run DT Pro and I'll keep my promise to myself. The reason is, I'm not a tester of DT Pro and I have enough my own work to do. I'm pretty sure developers know about those bugs very well themselves and thinking they could not notice most of them would be a kind of insult from my side. The bugs are just too easy to be seen.
                  I have no idea where DT is developed and how many people is working on it, but if they have testers and those testers did inspection of GUI and told it is OK to be released, the testers should be fired immediately.

Comment

I think you are also refering to event manager bug (after restart event log is gone) and at event strings are still in English and not in translated language.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                    X