Daemon Tools under Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools under Vista

I am running DT Pro 4.10.218 under Vista Home Premium. After installation I had problem to run the application, the error message "Unable to add adapter.Insufficient privileges" was displayed. I left UAC enabled and according some hints found on google have executed the application via shortcut on dekstop with admin rights. The error message has disapperead. Neverthless I would also like to run DT on startup, but all options including mounting and emulating are greyed out when i rightclick on daemon tools agent icon in the systray. I suppose that daemon tools agent needs also be executed with admin rights, but I don't know how to do it by application which has the autostart option.

Well, I managed it. You have to set it for the .exe file, not just for a shortcut. When it's done, the problem is, that a tray icon pops up after Windows boot which says that a autostart application couldnt be executed. You have to use that tray menu to launch it manually.

My suggestion is to disable UAC. I know that this is a risk, but I didnt get a virus/worm under Windows XP, so if you are careful, you shouldn't either get them without UAC in Win Vista.
    MfG, Benni

Mail: benni@copybase.org
    IRC: #dt & #copybase at irc.copybase.org

Comment

Working...
    X