Mounted dvd ISO not showing all files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted dvd ISO not showing all files

I have a ISO thats over 6 gigs that contains over 8k of PDF ebooks. It mounts just fine Using DT or MagicISO. But it only shows 800+ files and 687 MB. Is there a way to make it show all the fileso n the ISO? All the files ARE there, as seen when I open it in MagicISO Maker. It's just that when it's mounted it acts like it's only a 687MB disc.

I have a DVD burner and could potentially extract all of the files then make a 4.4gig structure and burn it. But I have a few external hard drives and want to make ISO's of all my books(over 25k) and store them on my external hard drives for quicker access.

I understand that this is not an image file you have yourself created. There must probably be some error in image file TOC. If this is a product you have purchased as an electronic download, you could simply compain to the vendor. The same goes if it was free of charge (free non-commercial material).

However, if not very service minded vendor: Simply extract all the files from the .iso (with MagicISO or f.ex. WinRAR or IsoBuster) and create a new .iso image with all of the files. Unless of course there are any special sectors in image (copy protections) - highly doubtful in this case.

PS! If this is on the other hand pirated material, you should never discuss such matters here. Pirating or using Daemon Tools for illegal purposes is not supported (according to forum rules, DT documentation and probably DT EULA).
    Last edited by mastermind; 09.12.2007, 01:56.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

This is an ISO I created myself. It's not pirated in any shape or form. I guess from your response that this is not normal. That it should be showing the full size and all the files. Maybe there was a problem when I created the file and thats why it's limited. I'll try and redo it and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Yes, please try re-creating the image file. If that still doesn't work, try creating the image file with another application, to rule out any software specific bugs.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Yep, that was it. Must have seen a problem while I was creating it last time. It works just fine. Thanks for the Help Mate.

Comment

Working...
          X