This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Issues

i found out that crysis will only run on daemon tools 4.06, but all i can find are the x86 versions. i'm running windows xp pro x64 and when i go to install the x86 version, it says platform not supported. i'm confused as to why that is because i believe that the wow64 emulation should've solved that problem by allowing daemon tools to run in 32bits instead of 64, but apparently not.

if anyone can give me a link or something to a x64 version of 4.06 or a fix i can implement for the x86 version it would be greatly appreciated.

Search before posting next time.

You can also use latest Daemon Tools Pro to play.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i did search on google for about 2 hours before posting, otherwise i wouldn't have - i'm not a forum n00b.

thanks for the link anyways though.

Comment

Originally Posted by ihateharriers View Post
        i'm running windows xp pro x64 and when i go to install the x86 version, it says platform not supported. i'm confused as to why that is because i believe that the wow64 emulation should've solved that problem by allowing daemon tools to run in 32bits instead of 64, but apparently not.
        The Daemon Tools software itself is 32-bits, even in the x64 package, but the kernel driver (SPTD) has to be 64-bits. The OS requires that all drivers are 64-bits. Normal software can be 32-bits.

By the way (off-topic): How can you hate Harriers (the air planes)? I love flying them in my flight simulator.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X