Daemon Hangs Up, doesn't create drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Hangs Up, doesn't create drives

Been using Daemon for about 5 months now, worked great up until last week. Whenever I tried to change the number of drives, it would hang on the Please Wait box, and never continue. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it, got the newest version, rebooted dozens of times, no matter what I do daemon won't create any virtual drives.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Tried using newest 4.10 x86 version.

anybody got the fix for this, I'm running out of places to look :-(

Are you running DT with admin rights, e. g. with disabled UAC (User Access Control) or with rightclick, run as administrator?
    Also have you tried alt+tab to see if windows is asking about driver or something?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I've run it out of administrator, same as before. I even tried going to the file location of DT in Program Files, and going into options to tell it to run as administrator. No go. When I try to change the number of devices, the only thing that shows up is a tiny little 2 square inch box that says "Please Wait..." but it never goes past that. Nothing else pops up, and it just stalls there, until I go into task manager and end the program. No error, no system crash, it just...hangs.

Comment

The exact same thing is happening to me on Vista Ultimate. I've tried reinstalling, updating, deleting infcache.1 - nothing helps. If I try to install cdrom.sys for the virtual drive(s), the driver simply disappears after Device Manager refreshes - it says 'No drivers are needed or have been loaded for this device'.

Comment

Etherel15, what hardware and optical disc-connected software do you have on Vista?
          Maybe we can isolate the problem-I think it appeared after installing a program, but I don't know which one (I installed a lot of them before trying to change the number of drives). I have a Santa Rosa laptop (Core 2 Duo 2GHz, Intel GM965 Express, 2GB RAM, nVidia Go 8600, a TSSTCorp DVD+-RW).
          I will do a clean reinstall in the near future. Could a possible culprit be the Cyberlink OEM Suite?
          P.S. DT Lite 4.11 didn't help.
          Last edited by Timmnuv; 15.12.2007, 22:17.

Comment

New on here..

but seems got same issue. Haven't ever seen an issue on DT which I wouldn't of got solved myself except this one.

I updated from DT v4.10 to v4.11 lite and slam right after update of SPTD to v1.53 (included) no Drive letters and can't make any. Errors 'Cannot make drive letters' so removed SPTD manually from service registry by 2 reboots & of course cleaned up Daemon-tools. Tested installing SPTD v1.47 and Daemon-tools v4.06 and every version above it after this and nothing simply works. Also tested with last functional set of SPTD v1.50 & Daemon-tools v4.10 and even that can't any longer make drive letters. So though this was the old good '3.47' Device name issue and renamed Device & no good it still can't make the drive letter..

System Vista Ultimate x64

Device Manager has something odd. under storage controllers
            Driver 'SCSI/RAID controller' <- has no drivers
            'newly created Daemon-tools device' is under 'Other Devices' and has no drivers either.. and vista can't update 'cdrom.inf' to this drive/Driver.

Any suggestions except reinstall.. What is it that Daemon-tools create that I cannot/don't see to remove ?

Comment

Here's Developer INF section log of installation.. I checked all it does from process monitor follow registry also.. But didn't see anything fishy.. This is v4.06 (same as they all do in installation cannot get drive letters)

>>> [Device Install (Hardware initiated) - SCSI\CdRom&Ven_MR9021X&Prod_OPY804C&Rev_1.0\5&36e5 972&7&000000]
              >>> Section start 2007/12/18 09:52:14.872
              ump: Creating Install Process: DrvInst.exe 09:52:15.033
              ndv: Retrieving device info...
              ndv: Setting device parameters...
              ndv: Building driver list...
              dvi: {Build Driver List} 09:52:15.294
              dvi: Searching for hardware ID(s):
              dvi: scsi\cdrommr9021x_opy804c_________1.0_
              dvi: scsi\cdrommr9021x_opy804c_________
              dvi: scsi\cdrommr9021x_
              dvi: scsi\mr9021x_opy804c_________1
              dvi: mr9021x_opy804c_________1
              dvi: gencdrom
              dvi: Searching for compatible ID(s):
              dvi: scsi\cdrom
              dvi: scsi\raw
              dvi: Enumerating INFs from path list 'C:\Windows\INF'
              ! inf: Detected INFCACHE inconsistency
              ! inf: Attempting INFCACHE repair 09:52:15.342
              ! inf: Verify/Fix on INFCACHE complete, status(4) - Fixed 09:52:24.691
              inf: Searched 0 potential matches in published INF directory
              inf: Searched 30 INFs in directory: 'C:\Windows\INF'
              dvi: {Build Driver List - exit(0x00000000)} 09:52:26.242
              ndv: Selecting best match...
              dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV} 09:52:26.244
              dvi: No class installer for 'MR9021X OPY804C SCSI CdRom Device'
              dvi: No CoInstallers found
              dvi: Default installer: Enter 09:52:26.248
              dvi: {Select Best Driver}
              ! dvi: Selecting driver failed(0xe0000228)
              dvi: {Select Best Driver - exit(0xe0000228)}
              ! dvi: Default installer: failed!
              ! dvi: Error 0xe0000228: There are no compatible drivers for this device.
              dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV - exit(0xe0000228)} 09:52:26.284
              ndv: {Core Device Install}
              ! ndv: Installing NULL driver!
              dvi: Set selected driver complete.
              dvi: {DIF_ALLOW_INSTALL} 09:52:26.292
              dvi: Default installer: Enter 09:52:26.294
              dvi: Default installer: Exit
              dvi: {DIF_ALLOW_INSTALL - exit(0xe000020e)} 09:52:26.296
              dvi: {DIF_INSTALLDEVICE} 09:52:26.297
              dvi: Default installer: Enter 09:52:26.299
              ! dvi: Installing NULL driver!
              dvi: Writing common driver property settings.
              dvi: {Restarting Devices} 09:52:26.584
              dvi: Restart: SCSI\CDROM&VEN_MR9021X&PROD_OPY804C&REV_1.0\5&36E5 972&7&000000
              dvi: Restart complete.
              dvi: {Restarting Devices exit} 09:52:26.654
              dvi: Default installer: Exit
              dvi: {DIF_INSTALLDEVICE - exit(0x00000000)} 09:52:26.656
              dvi: {Build Driver List} 09:52:26.660
              ! dvi: Driver list already built
              dvi: {Build Driver List - exit(0x00000000)} 09:52:26.662
              dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV} 09:52:26.663
              dvi: Default installer: Enter 09:52:26.666
              dvi: {Select Best Driver}
              ! dvi: Selecting driver failed(0xe0000228)
              dvi: {Select Best Driver - exit(0xe0000228)}
              ! dvi: Default installer: failed!
              ! dvi: Error 0xe0000228: There are no compatible drivers for this device.
              dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV - exit(0xe0000228)} 09:52:26.675
              ndv: Device install status=0x00000000
              ndv: Performing device install final cleanup...
              ndv: {Core Device Install - exit(0x00000000)}
              ump: Server install process exited with code 0x00000000 09:52:26.690
              <<< Section end 2007/12/18 09:52:26.691
              <<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]

So someone mind telling me where's the bug? I think it's the device naming still for some reason.. hehe..

Comment

Wow, Problem solved...

What I did was without reboot..
                I though wth.. Lets just bunch the cdrom.inf back to inf folder and voila everything started working all the suddently.. I removed the Daemon-tools... I did go to:
                "\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\cdro m.inf_3d2b3bfa"
                ^ Which was latest (made 2007) folder, there was another called 'cdrom.inf_1691dd07' (made 2006) and simply copied the 'cdrom.inf' file to 'C:\windows\inf' after that installed DT again and drive letters appeared..

System Windows Vista x64 and seems this same issue is on multible systems just tested if 'inf missing' it doesn't ask it from anywhere else except program install folders & inf.. hmm..

Comment

Well, of course you want the cdrom.inf in your Windows\inf directory. That's where it belongs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                    Well, of course you want the cdrom.inf in your Windows\inf directory. That's where it belongs.
                    Yeah, right.. You think I like remove disc.inf and cdrom.inf with png's from inf folders? nah, this was done by something else.. Not me.. Either system did it when removing of unused CD/DVD Device drivers or something... After all this was done on device removing from daemon-tools which leaves so called blank "drive" behind what you actually see on device manager (get it up from show nonpresent devices as many drives you have ever had simultanously/different name I promise they are all still there.).

Anyhow, I consider my prob solved & I still suggest that people who don't get drive letters checks that cdrom.inf is actually in the inf folder..

Comment

Working...
                    X