DAEMON Tools Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Panel

Yes, I know you get thousands of these threads. I have searched through them all. When I ran installation, I told it not to install any extra crap. Yet, there is still in the right click menu the option to show the DAEMON tools panel.

Is that the same as the adware crap people are talking about. I don't care, how do I get rid of it? There are no options in Add/Remove or even in CCleaner. I want it gone?

The panel is an integral part of the DT Lite application in version 4.11. It cannot be uninstalled. It should never present you with any ads or anything like that, and is not adware. When using the search function, you will see some sponsored links on the search result page, but even Google and Yahoo! give you that.

The panel adds functionality to DT Lite, and is actually a good thing.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

And .. you dont have to use it. I do not use it, either. I prefer using the tray menu.

And has he said, there is no need to worry about the DT Panel. It contains neither adware nor spyware. And honestly: Who uses DAEMON-Search? I suggest everybode to use it sometimes to support DT. But if I want to find something, I use Google, like anyone else does.
      I think DAEMON Search was not created for users like us, but for those who do not have as much technical skills as we have.
      MfG, Benni

Mail: benni@copybase.org
      IRC: #dt & #copybase at irc.copybase.org

Comment

So I installed Daemon Tools and proceeded to check out what this DT panel does, never did i expect to it manifest itself right on top of my taskbar, i don't know about you but i personally find it extremely intrusive so i close it, thinking that thats the last I'm gona see it,

but lo and behold, everytime I boot up my com, this this this THING auto starts up by itself!!!

tried looking around but there's simply no option to prevent it from auto starting itself up.

Can this be resolved? thanks.

Comment

I too was disappointed to see that panel pop up on every reboot. Not only is it intrusive and annoying after I have told it to "hide," but it also screws up my desktop icons and takes up screen real estate.

I already have a toolbar in Firefox for searching. I enjoy Daemons Tools because it lets me mount cd/dvd images with what used to be a simple, no fuss interface. I don't want it to search, play mp3s or ask me if I want toast. I want it to mount images.

Having opted out of the adware at install, this is frustrating.

Comment

DT Panel can be disabled during installation and in options menu in new version:
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X