Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when installing Daemon crcdisk.sys failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when installing Daemon crcdisk.sys failure.

When i installed daemon tools on 64bit vista my computer no longer will start up. when it comes to crcdisk.sys everything stops.. please help!

I have exactly the same problem. 64bit vista no longer starts up even in safe mode. It stops at crcdisk.sys.

I had daemon tools installed, and it worked, but this happened when I tried updating it to the newest version.

Comment

I deleted (with a boot cd)
      <WINDOWS>\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
      and was able to boot into vista.

But now daemon tools doesn't work: Initialization error 0

I am unable to unninstall daemon tools: "Setup is unable to validate installation"

I am unable to install a newer version: vista hangs again.

Comment

I have the exact same problem.

Vista Ultimate x64

Tried to install daemontools and when restarting it hangs on crcdisk.sys the system hangs. Even tried to install the standalone of the latest version of SPTD, and same thing happens.

I Daemon tools worked just fine for me, but i had to reinstall the computer, and now i can't get it to work.

Comment

Try the following:

Code:
          rename C:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys -> pcmcia.old

rename C:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcmcia.inf_539d553e -> pcmcia.inf_539d553eold
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 23.12.2007, 16:14.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            Try the following:
            Code:
            rename C:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys -> pcmcia.old
            rename C:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcmcia.inf_539d553e -> pcmcia.inf_539d553eold
            Don't see what the PCMCIA has to do with this, but i gave it a try. Still same issue. When i install SPTD, then do the changes you sugested above, and then reboot, the system still hangs on the crcdisk.sys file during boot.

I have to load last known working config to get back into windows, which effecivly makes the SPTD uninstalled again.

Does anyone know where i can get hold of 4.10 again, since the earlier versions seemd to work fine, but not this last one?

Comment

I'm having the same problem on XP Pro x64. I really don't want a work around, if anyone has a link to an older version of Daemon Tools x64 that would be greatly appriciated!

Comment

I have try to rename directory.
                I have try to change readonly attribute with my second SO (XP32), but an error occurred Windows\Sistem32\Driv...\component.man and denided my access

Comment

Got it

Okay, after having found an earlier release of Daemon Tools, v4.10 with SPTD 1.50 it now work fine. So i have managed to conclude that the problem don't lie withing Daemon Tools itself, but the latest version of SPTD ( v1.53 ).

So i guess this bugreport should go on their forums instead. But would be nice if the Daemon Team would put some preassure on the devs of SPTD as well.

So for the time being, i will stay with DT v4.10 until this get sorted and a new release is made.

Just for info, i run under Vista Ultimate x64, and use the x64 version of DT v4.10 now. The problems i have is with version 4.11.

Comment

You could install 4.11.1, disable/uninstall SPTD 1.53, and then revert back to SPTD 1.50 using the new version of DTools. That should work, in theory.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                      You could install 4.11.1, disable/uninstall SPTD 1.53, and then revert back to SPTD 1.50 using the new version of DTools. That should work, in theory.
                      Yeah, probably would. But i see no reason to do that atm. Nothing in the new build of DT that i need atm anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                      X