NWN Diamond wants to read from different drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN Diamond wants to read from different drive

Alright, so I have an XP system and I decided that I wanted to play NWN Diamond after an extremely long time. Problem is, the DVD drive on my desktop doesn't work, and my "craptop" cant run anything worth crap, except for make .iso files. So, I made an .iso file of the DVD with the "craptop", then transferred it to my desktop, mounted it with DAEMONTools, installed it, and all was well until the game refused to run because it wanted to read the DVD from my actual drive instead of the virtual one.

I get a message that looks like this: "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive G:."

How do I make NWN Diamond want to read the virtual drive instead of the real one?

You have to use YASU. Also note with an iso file it won't start. You need a mdf and mds file to start the game (can be created with DT Pro or Alcohol 52/120&#37
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Actually, to the contrary, it now works fine.

The answer was surprisingly simple. All I did was update it by downloading the update from the Bioware site and it works perfectly fine now.

So yeah, the .iso works, and it reads from the virtual drive now after I updated it.

If anyone else has this problem, there ya go.

Comment

Then the update most likely removed the copy protection, since .ISO generally cannot store the necessary copy protection info for a working image or backup.

Comment

the easiest way to solve this problem is to just disable your physical cd-rom drives in the device manager.

Comment

Working...
          X