Issues with alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with alcohol

I'm a n00b here, apologies if this is in the wrong section and/or not covered by DT.

I've been trying to make a copy of HoMM V (uses securom) in order to play over lan rather than having to hotseat with my brother.

Searching yields a thread in which blazkowicz then refers to this post in his sig. I assume this will allow the copy to work (rather than telling me to insert the original disk).

My issue is that I can't set my profile in alcohol. With no disk in when I open the image wizard, the first screen upon opening the image has datatype and a drop-down box with various options. Upon opening the wizard WITH the disk in, said drop-down box disappears. If it helps, I'm using windows vista. It tends to manage to screw with everything else.

Is there something I'm missing and you're all wondering how I could possibly be this clueless, or is something screwing with my alcohol?

Thanks for both making dt (to the devs here) and in advance for [hopefully] solving my problem.

although this is rather an alcohol topic than a dt topic, i'lltry to help you.

with dvds, alcohol does not need any datatype settings. you need to tick the dpm checkbox (don't remember exactly, at work atm...) that should be sufficient for securom dvds. a better way to fly in this case would be to buy a license of dt-pro and let it do the job.
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Ahh, thanks. I just set it with DPM set to high and at 1x. Hopefully that'll work.

As for buying dt pro, currently I'm not in a position to do so. Once I actually have a reliable income...

Comment

@dainbramage
        I suggest to always have a look at official FAQs first, in your case this topic (basically what CongoMan described).
        In case you have further questions please visit the Alcohol Support forum
        Last edited by Terramex; 18.12.2007, 12:41.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Potentially double-post, depending how the mod preview works here (I'd edit the original if I could see it).

Thanks CongoMan, that worked .

@ Terramex: I'd glanced there (only briefly) and evidently missed it, sorry for being a twat.

Comment

Working...
          X