• Show
Clear All

• Problem: Installing 3.44 over 3.43 == stray drives

Operating System: WinXP w/ SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 5.5.9.17
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AV 2k3
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Hi all,

I ran into a bit of problem when installing 3.44 over 3.43. This problem never occurred btw in the prior version. Ok problem is, after I installed 3.44 over 3.43, the drive that was being emulated w/ 3.43 is no longer accessible. New drives could be created with 3.44 but that "stray" drive from 3.43 isn't isn't under 3.44's control.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3.43 back to see if I can remove it like that but it doesn't work either. In fact, it complaints about a conflicting driver when I tried to reinstall 3.43.

I tried removing it manually through the device manager through uninstall and such. That doesn't work either because if I click on scan for hardware changes afterwards, that drive comes back again. As I said, I never had such a problem doing just an install of a new version of D-Tools over the old one.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Thanks

Uninstall 3.44 and reboot. Then check Device manager for 'PnP extension device' - delete it if present and also delete its driver from System32\Drivers and service entry from HKLM\System\CCS\Services. Then try to install 3.44 again.

Comment

Thanks, it works now

Comment

Working...
      X