Stuck at initialize drivers - Services up to 99% cpu usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck at initialize drivers - Services up to 99% cpu usage

A few days ago I decided to uninstall daemontools seeing as I couldn't dismount some sims 2 images. I let it be for another day and then i installed daemon tools again. Everything seemed to go fine but when I decided to start the program after installation a window pops up saying "Initialize drivers" and then it just stops there and services.exe cranks up it's cpu usage to 99-100% and stays that way until i've managed to uninstall D-tools and reboot the computer. Doesn't matter if i install in safemode or not. Anyone got an idea of what could be the problem?

Which version do you have installed?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I did use DT pro 4.10, then i uninstalled it and tried to install it again then it got stuck at initialize driver when starting the program. After I uninstalled it again I tried to install DTlite 4.11 and that stuck at "Please wait" when starting the program. Services.exe cranked up to 100% regardless of which version I tried to install.

Comment

Reboot into Safe mode, uninstall both DTools and SPTD. Reboot and make sure all traces of DTools are removed (the program directory, too), and then try reinstalling.

Comment

I've done that several times already. It seems like this problem has something to do with PnP cause when I accidentally deactivated pnp I managed to install and start DT. But without PnP I can't ad any virtual drives anyway.

Comment

Such thing may happen if PNP cannot access some registry entries (eg. they were blocked by some tools etc.). So maybe you should look into it eg with RegMon.
            This monitoring tool lets you see all Registry activity in real-time.

Comment

Working...
            X