Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem adding virtual ide drive

Hi There,

I am having a bit of trouble with adding a virtual ide drive, the virtual scsi drive works fine but the ide drive doesn't. XP says it's not able to add hdc and DT reports: "unable to add adapter. device problem 1."
    I'm using DT pro 4.10 on XP.

Can someone help me ?

Tnx

Update to DT Pro 4.11.0219.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I had the same problem-- here's what I got from tech support over a couple weeks and it worked.

We can see from your MSInfo the outdated(year2005) Alcohol 120%(or part of the program) is already exist in your system.
      Please, check if it is possible to uninstall Alcohol 120% via Start->Programs->Alcohol 120% Software or via Add/Remove Programs.

In case that is not possible, please:

1. Run regedit (Start->Run->regedit.exe) and open the registry branches:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\a347bus
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\a347scsi

2. Every of this branches has value "Start". Set the value of the values to 4.

3. Restart your System.

4. Check the issue.

5. If the problem is resolved, remove the branches from your registry and remove the corresponding files:
      system32\drivers\a347bus.sys
      system32\drivers\a347scsi.sys

Please, let us know about the result.

Best regards
      DAEMON Tools Pro Support Team.

Comment

problem with the virtual ide drive solved

Problem solved.

The alcohol 120% hint did it for me, tnx

There were some remains of an old alcohol 120% install left in the registry and in the xp drivers directory.

This is what i found:

1.run "regedit"
        2.Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \
        CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
        3.Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ 32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.

Then to remove Alcohol driver you need to start Regedit then go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es here you should find the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in version 1.9.2.1705, 1.9.5.2722 or 1.9.5.2802 a347scsi and a347bus, or in version 1.9.5.3105 vax347s and vax347b, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Reboot your PC.

That does the trick.

Tnx guys

Comment

Working...
        X