Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD 1.53 crashes Vista Ultimate x64

Hello,

I had been runing DT with no problems until a pop-up telling me a new version was available. Essentially, after upgrade, I was BSOD to the point of not even being able to boot to DVD. I had to reinstall Vista from scratch.

I've tried all the tricks (such as safe mode intall, disable signed drivers on boot up, etc.) with no luck.

After the fresh Vista install the system hangs on the Windows Start-up Screen (no log on screen even appears). The only thing I can do is restore to last good config - which aborts the install.

Any ideas?

I don't have 4.10, but would love to go back to it since it worked.

I have experienced the same issue. I installed the latest deamon tools update and it caused VISTA bootup on the restart to hang, the system would not continue into the boot process after the "Vista" bootup screen appeared. I too also had to go into Last Known Configuration, for some reason though it disabled the ability for drivers to install and function properly after rolling back and through the subsequent crashes and reboots the system had after deamon was installed my raid 0 array became corrupted and I have lost all my information. Luckily some of it was saved on external drives but I have lost years of email communications, pictures of family events and dead realatives that I can never get back. Luckily I had saved some but lost most.

My computer survived being shiped to iceland and back, years of service, my gaming etc.. and it took deamon tools to bring it down.

Was this not beta tested by QA?

Comment

SPTD 1.53 works fine on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine.

Comment

Hello, my Windows Vista Ultimate also crash in the boot when I install SPTD 1.53

Thanks you and sorry for my bad english

Comment

Ditto

Same here on my Windows Ultimate 64 . Anybody know where I can grab the previous version?

Comment

I installed v.4.08 x64 and it's running perfectly.
            You will download all versions in this URL :

bye

Comment

i cannot confirm this i use x64 vista too and have no problem. with sp1 rc1 or not all is ok. maybe other things cause the trouble?

Comment

I have tried unsuccessfully to install the SPTD 1.53 x64 drivers directly after a fresh install.

My hardware is:
                ASRock 775xFire-eSATA2+ with P4 541 3.2G
                2GB DDR2-533
                nVidia GeForce/6600GT 128M

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I'm running into the same issues has the ones posted above: after rebooting so to finish the installation of DAEMON Tools Lite v4.11.2 32/64 Bits with SPTD 1.53, Windows Vista x64 hangs during the boot (green loading bar).

- Safe mode doesn't work.

- Last known good configuration doesn't work.

- Restore directory services doesn't work.

The only way to recover windows is by doing a repair, via Vista DVD.

Do note that i've tested it on two computers with different hardware and with CLEAN Installs and with all updates applied.

Previous versions like v4.10 w/ SPTD 1.50 DOES work.

I would suggest to take this release down or at least post something related to this on the download page because this can lead to serious problems...

Regards,

Keeper

Comment

One additional note that i forgot to mention:

I had installed nero 7.0 on one PC and nero 8.0 on the other...maybe that's the issue.

Regards,

Keeper

Comment

Thanks.

I'll have to ignore the adware warnings Avast! gives...

Comment

Working

I know it may not help but it works here on Vista Ultimate (AMD X2 64, NForce4) with Nero 7 Express.... DT Pro 219

Comment

We've been informed that Duplex released new SPTD layer v1.55:

Please download and check if it helps with x64 boot issue.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

SPTD 1.55 worked for me, thanks

Comment

Thanks. 4.09 worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X