X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with automount

Hi,
    i installed the newest verison of dt ad have now a problem with automount:
    when i am booting windows and autostart for DT is disabled hes not mount the image. I have to start DT, then he mounts the image.
    in a earlier version i could close DT and there was a question like "woulld you keep these settings?" ors smth like that. That is missing in the current version.

This is new behavior to avoid certain problems with automount (e.g. hang). It is required to run exe once to get images mounted.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i remember in an earlier version there was an option like "tray icon" which enabled auto start, but didnt actually load the program into the system tray, and automount still worked. In the latest version, there is no option like this, and when autostart is enabled, DT always loads in the system tray, which i dont like. Why has this option been removed?

Comment

Why is it a problem to have DT in the system tray? Each to his taste, of course, but I just don't understand how that could be a problem.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't speak for him, but to answer your question, I don't like anything starting up with my computer that isn't absolutely necessary. Regarding his problem, I don't have that issue so it's not a concern to me. I'm merely providing a generic answer to your question.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
            I don't like anything starting up with my computer that isn't absolutely necessary.
            Who does? But do you consider DT an intruding and very little useful tray icon, like f.ex. Apple Quicktime etc.?

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
              Who does? But do you consider DT an intruding and very little useful tray icon, like f.ex. Apple Quicktime etc.?
              Well, he just wonders why the disabling of the tray icon was removed silently.

I don't know why you are so pissed but I please you to calm down. Just be some kind of... more gentle. Thanks.
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by bismax View Post
                Well, he just wonders why the disabling of the tray icon was removed silently.
                I don't know why you are so pissed but I please you to calm down. Just be some kind of... more gentle. Thanks.
                Why would I be pissed? I merely expressed my curiousity, and I believe I've been polite all the way. I'm surprised that anyone would interpret me as pissed.

Comment

Yeah, i'm just wondering why the disabling of the tray icon was removed silently, just like bismax said. And enabling Automount seems to make my disc images autoplay at windows startup.

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
                    I didn't interpret your question as angry, either. But to answer it, I have two icons that load up at boot in my systray, besides what's default to Windows. AnyDVD (which I sometimes disable anyway, and run only as needed), and NOD32. That's it. I always disable Quicktime from startup. I keep an extremely minimal list of startup items.

Comment

We'll check this issue.
                      By design this option was not needed anymore because Automount should do its job and simply exit if Autostart is off.

Comment

i think the diable tray icon should be put back in the next version.
                        and why does every time daemon tools load, the drives always autoplay. this never used to happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X