Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Nero not listed as 'Recommended'?

Why is Nero not listed here:

as one of DT's"Recommended" burning programs?

especially since Nero's *.nrg is listed as one of DT's supported file formats.

Nero can't backup protected disc ! It's the most important reason to be on the recommended burning program to make a backup !

Comment

I can't edit, so i multi post (sorry) :

As seen on deamon-help website :
      link : http://www.daemon-help.com/index.php?id=copy_1to1

A 1:1 copy simply means to use the "CD COPY"-option of a burning program, preferably one of the programs listed here! This means the burning program reads the CD sector by sector and burns it the same way. The opposite would be a file copy (can NEVER be a 1:1 copy!!!) where just all files are read and then stored on CD.

Alcohol DT pro, blindwrite, 5star game copy, etc... reads a sector and write it the same way.
      Nero and easy media creator doesn't. they just read files and copy it. So nero will never be on the recommended list for make a good backup.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mr. psuedo. You rock. That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Dang, and I bought NERO thinking it was an "all-in-one" optical media application.

... silly consumer.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigtrav View Post
            Dang, and I bought NERO thinking it was an "all-in-one" optical media application.
            ... silly consumer.
            It's not that Nero can't do it, I mean they have great programmers at their company but they don't even try to do it and have not recorded copy protection data in their CD rips for years.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X