mount to a directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mount to a directory?

It would be nice to be able to mount images to a directory instead of as a drive. In fact, it would be nice to be able to do this for a large number of ISOs. Here's what I'm thinking. There are advantages to maintaining personal DVD collections as ISOs for archival purposes but DVD software doesn't catalog and play ISOs, but DVD playing software does catalog and play the VOB structure. If I could have a directory structure that looks like a pile of VOBs, but is really DTools pointing back to my collection of ISOs it would really help. I have a limited number of drive letters so I can't do that for all DVDs that I own.

Anyway. I suspect I might be in the minority in this request but it doesn't hurt to ask. Either way, thanks for making such a useful program!

Cheers,
    Scott

Usually software dvd players come with play dvd from folder ability, so why mount dvd structure at all then?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

when you want the VOB structure of the DVDs why do you store the DVDs as ISOs in the first place? Just rip the dvds to folders instead of isos

Comment

Working...
      X