daemon tools emulator detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools emulator detected

hello can someone please helpme with this problem that iam having with my pc. If I run command and conquer 3 or Company of heroes opposing fronts, both games detect emulation Iam using the latest daemon tools lite V4.11.2 and Iam also using yasu v1.4.780. I've tried uninstalling the games several times tried different versions of daemon tools and also a different image. But i know the image works because i tried it on my other pc. I have xp pro sp2 with all updates. Asus motherboard p5ld2 p4 3.8ghz, 3gb ram.

Is there a SecuRom link and if there is, what is SecuRom telling you after clicking on the link?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

no it doesnt give me a link it just says emulation software detected

Comment

post a screen shot then, im pretty sure the emulation detected messagebox has a link in it, with the error code, dont think that's changed since day 1....
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I also noticed that the link isn't always present. Usually if the error box is in my own language, it also contains a link. For some games the error box seems to be in English only and without any links.

Comment

Im having the same problem. And there is no link on the message. This is with Company of Hereos opposing fronts. This game works fine on two other comps and used to work on this one until I had to reinstall Company of heroes after I upgraded this comp to Vista.

Of the other comps this is installed on, one is Vista and one is XP.

Comment

I 've heard a solution but haven't tried it yet:use latest ver YASU + DT pro v4.80 might fix the thing.Cant find a download link of DT v.4.80 anywhere

Comment

DT Pro v4.80 doesnt exist. Latest DT Pro is 4.11.0219.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

He probably means DT 4.08.

Comment

jpone,
                    Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                    post a screen shot then,
                    & btw., is this topic to do with this problem too?!?? Anyway, wth is goin' on, I'm curious to know!

Comment

Originally Posted by jpone View Post
                      hello can someone please helpme with this problem that iam having with my pc. If I run command and conquer 3 or Company of heroes opposing fronts, both games detect emulation Iam using the latest daemon tools lite V4.11.2 and Iam also using yasu v1.4.780. I've tried uninstalling the games several times tried different versions of daemon tools and also a different image. But i know the image works because i tried it on my other pc. I have xp pro sp2 with all updates. Asus motherboard p5ld2 p4 3.8ghz, 3gb ram.
                      Step 1: Download Alcohol 52%, install without toolbar (you have a choice, the website lies)
                      Step 2: Make the image, with these settings:
                      Securom, Normal DPM, 1x DPM, Slowest Speeds, Percision = Normal
                      Step 3: Download Daemon Tools 4.06 and the latest Yasu Release. Install Daemon Tools 4.06, and put Yasu in the root folder.
                      Configs for Yasu:
                      All Checked, Uncloak then cloak, starts on startup
                      Daemon
                      Emulation -> All Options Off
                      Options -> All but Automount
                      Drives -> Make sure to eject when the image is mounted in Daemon Tools and cloaked in Yasu, then load as the final step before playing the game.
                      Step 4: Install the latest SCSI Pass Through (1.55 I believe)
                      Step 4: Use the configs listed, make an image in Alcohol 52% then mount it in Daemon. Eject, Load, and play your game.

Comment

Regarding your "Step 1", there are some clarifications that need to be made.

First off, the website says nothing about the toolbar being mandatory, so your comment about the website lying makes no sense.

Second, you're getting the software for free, why complain about a toolbar that's just for searching the copy protection database? It's not adware or spyware, just a database search tool.

Last, you really do not need to go back to such an old version of DTools. Either get the latest version or wait for the next update of Alcohol. In either case, YASU should not be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                        X