Daemon Tools 4.11 Lite won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools 4.11 Lite won't start

I recently installed Deamon Tools 4.11 Lite on my Windows XP machine and have the following problem: After the installation I can run daemon tools and it works fine. But after I reboot, the program just won't start. The Taskmanager don't show the process "daemon.exe", so it is definitely not running. If I doubleclick the executable, the process pops up in the Taskmanager und diappears right again. There are no virtual drives shown.
    So, when I uninstall it, install it again and run the programm right after the installation, the programm starts, the drivers for virtual drives install and everything works just fine again. But again, if I reboot, the same problem starts over again.

I already searched the "common problems" section and no thread seems to fit my problem.

Hello
    Please, contact support team by e-mail and provide the link to this topic in e-mail message.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Did so four days ago, but did not get an answer yet. I need help, I can't reinstall D-Tools everytime I reboot, can I?

Comment

@Merovius
        Please, update your DT to the latest 4.12 verion and check the problem.
        Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

I updated to the latest version, but the exact same problem persists. And now I am not even able to install the old version of D-Tools, which would run properly...

Comment

I recently reinstalled Daemon tools, but this time I tried the standard installation location. It then run properly and works fine.

If I am the only person with this problem (that damon tools can not be run after a restart, if not installed into the default location), it may be due to the fact, that my harddrives are encrypted. So it need a few minutes for the harddrives to be mounted correctly and start programs installed on this harddrive.
            Is it possible, that daemon tools runs some services, that start with windows (my best shot are the drivers for the Virtuel Drives, because I got driver-errors, when trying DT Pro after a reboot), and may crash D-Tools if the location of DT does not exist, when they are run?
            I would favour an option, to make this things start with daemon-tools together, so there are no problems with such configurations as mine...
            So, just wanted to tell you, what I think, the problem was, so you may consider implement a workaround for future users (even if it may be an extremely rare problem)

Comment

Thank you for the information. We'll investigate the problem.
              DAEMON Tools Pro Support Team
              DAEMON Tools online help systems: http://daemon-help.com
              http://daemonpro-help.com

Comment

Hi
                I got same problem. I reinstalled it but it didnt help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
                  Hi
                  I got same problem. I reinstalled it but it didnt help.
                  Specify your OS and DAEMON Tools version.

Comment

Working...
                  X