dvd burner emulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd burner emulator

Guys, I'm really brand new at these types of programs etc and i'm not sure if there is a tool that will help me.

I use a file conversion program that wants to burn the resulting file. my laptop does not have a burner, just a DVD rom drive and the conversion program won't work because it doesn't detect a burner. I borrow an external dvd burner but am only able to do this now and again.

I was wondering if it is possible to make my laptop think it has a DVD burner that the conversion program will detect so that I can still use the program when I'm not able to borrow the burner and save the conversion on my hard drive until I can burn it to disc later.

I'm not sure if daemon tools will do this.
    Much thanks if you can help.

gcharry

http://www.daemon-help.com/index.php?id=faq#c650 :

Will DAEMON Tools emulate a CDRW or DVD-RW?

No, for sure not as this doesn't make any sense. We cannot see any reason why a writing device should be emulated, even for testing purposes to see if a burned image would work. Burn to a RW media if you need to test. The main problem in emulating (apart from it's senselessnes) a burning device is that every writer has different abilities. And most programs usually support each writer on individual basis, so they will not work with virtual burner without special support.

Comment

Just search on Google for "Virtual CD-RW".

Comment

possible reasons

well .. gee .. lets see ......

1. my problem for a start
        2. for ppl who don't have the money to upgrade an old laptop to change from a dvd rom to a burner (like myself)
        3 for ppl who may want to use a backup program over night and then burn the backup to disc in the morning or at their convenience
        4. because .. perhaps ... one day ... it just might make as much sense having a dvd burner emulator as having an emulator for games and the other reasons ppl use daemon tools.. a lot of ppl here would be glad that the person who thought to do this in the first place decided to just do it.

Could there be one or two more reasons???

gcharry

Comment

I agree that there are several legitimate uses for this, and it seems that Locutus (or Soft Disc) might also agree:

In the meantime, there is at least one product out there that claims to do this today (Google as Jito suggested).

Comment

dvd burner emulator

Oh .. by the way, I don't want a RW emulator just a Writer.
            I don't want to rewrite.

Just want to fool my program I use into thinking that my laptop has a dvd burner.

gcharry

Comment

About CD/DVD Burner Emulation

I have read the sticky...

For anyone else looking for CD/DVD Burner Emulation a program called Virtual CD has CD and DVD Burner Emulation!

It is not free but there is a free 30 day trial.

It does not have floppy emulation.

I hope this helps everyone from searching for hours like me:wink:

I needed this because like many others Windows DVD Maker randomly does not like to burn DVDs past 99.0%... just google it you will find out what I am talking about. This saved me from having a stack of coasters and I can burn with imgburn with no worries

Comment

maybe try noteburner (think thats the name) too...
                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

One reason to emulate DVD/RW

Hi,

Here is one example to y it would make sense to emulate a DVD-RW.

I want to backup my iTunes library. My backup device is a NAS. iTunes does not let me backup to an ISO image only to a physical RW device. Now I have to go through a strange procedure of burning a DVD then rip it and save it on my NAS. It would be nice to burn it to a virtual RW device.

Erez

No, for sure not as this doesn't make any sense. We cannot see any reason why a writing device should be emulated, even for testing purposes to see if a burned image would work. Burn to a RW media if you need to test. The main problem in emulating (apart from it's senselessnes) a burning device is that every writer has different abilities. And most programs usually support each writer on individual basis, so they will not work with virtual burner without special support.

Comment

Working...
                  X