Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installed new version of dt on reboot computer crashed and now will not even boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installed new version of dt on reboot computer crashed and now will not even boot up

hi there i have having trouble with the new dt as when i rebooted after installing it it went to a blue screen and now xp will not boot is there anyone who may be able to help me at all when i turn it on it just coms up with invalid system disk insert system disk and press any key any help would be greatly appreciated as i would rather not reinstall xp again.

thanks

aaron

Hello sinthetic
    Please, check if you tried to boot your system with inserted USB-Flash drive and etc. In case BIOS settings allows to boot from USB-Flash and it is inserted and is not bootable, you will surely get such message.
    Anyway, you have to be sure your system tries to boot from HDD partition where your system is installed.
    After you recover your system, please email us and send dump files (which should be created after "blue screen"). You can find these files in "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

I got the same proble. I use Winxp 64 bit, after installed daemon tools 4.112, then will crash at OS starting screen, even doesnt boot from safe mode. So, I need reinstall OS again. I tried several times, got the same problem.

MB: Asus NCT-D
      Ram: 8GB ECC DDR
      Video Card: Gigabity 8800GT
      Sound Card: Soundblaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer
      HDD IDE 300X2
      SATA 300X2 (Raid 0)

Comment

@koiuser
        Please have a look at the last paragraph of this thread to at least avoid OS reinstallation.
        Do you have some Kernel debugger running ?
        Last edited by Terramex; 20.01.2008, 21:57.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          @koiuser
          Please have a look at the last paragraph of this thread to at least avoid OS reinstallation.
          Do you have some Kernel debugger running ?
          Thanks for the info. I used Norton Ghost to backup my disc data, so can restore easily now. Btw, I don't get any trouble before Daemon Tools 4.11, so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks for help : )

Comment

I install newest version daemon4120-lite.exe today, and it works well, thanks for all : )

Comment

Working...
            X