Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I repaired my copy of winXP SP2, Windows wants software for SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I repaired my copy of winXP SP2, Windows wants software for SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Ok I was having BSOD's after I updated my BIOS. I repaired my Windows XP installation and its been working fine but, DTools pro gave me this error about needing SPTD to work so I googled it and found a post on this forum about not having SPTD installed so I followed the link and installed the latest SPTD drivers. I rebooted the computer and now the found new hardware wizard pops up wanting to install software for a SCSI/RAID Host Controller when I try to let it do it automatically it just sits at the looking for software window and doesn't stop. If I hit cancel windows works fine but Dtools pro gives a MS report an error and then closes when I click on it. Also in the agent if I look under the virtual cd/dvd drives it only has the options to add SCSI/IDE drives if I click on add a drive then it says adding drive but then after the window closes nothing happens. When I recheck to see if the drive is listed it never mounted the drive it still says add SCSI or IDE drive.

When I look under my computer there are 2 virtual drives mounted I'm assuming one is the origanel SCSI drive and the other is the IDE but I cant access them.

I have never had this problem before does anyone know how to correct this.

Uninstall DTools and SPTD completely. Then reinstall.

Comment

Working...
    X